The Student Room Group

Neighbors dog keeps eating my footballs

So my house has a low fence, not our fence it’s the neighbors who own this one. I don’t have play football a whole lot, maybe due to my footballs always getting destroyed. But I brought a new ball for £15 and within 24 hours it went over the fence and the neighbors dog ate it. I normally don’t complain but I had this for less than 24 hours and I don’t work and only get £5 a week pocket money. Surely they should put a little bit towards it considering there dog does this so often?
Reply 1
god this thread is like watching man vs food
im so hungry
Just keep your footballs in a bag inside the house?
Just have a chat with the dog over the fence...
Reply 4
Original post by 3pointonefour
Just keep your footballs in a bag inside the house?

What’s the point in owning a football if i’m not going to use it
Original post by Anonymous
What’s the point in owning a football if i’m not going to use it

I mean, just keep it inside the house until you want to play with it. If the dog is still taking the ball while you're playing with it you need to have a chat with your neighbour
Reply 6
I mean, just keep it inside the house until you want to play with it. If the dog is still taking the ball while you're playing with it you need to have a chat with your neighbour

I do keep it in the house, but the ball can go over the fence very easy because the wall is so low
I do keep it in the house, but the ball can go over the fence very easy because the wall is so low

Hmmm maybe just play at the local park or something instead? Playing football on a field with low walls is difficult and annoying
Reply 8
Hmmm maybe just play at the local park or something instead? Playing football on a field with low walls is difficult and annoying

I do, but I can’t always go to the field, but I can play at home either now. This is pretty annoying to be honest. I think i’m just annoyed that my new ball got popped which I paid £15 for within 24 hours
You're complaining that when you've kicked a ball over into somebody else's garden (and not retrieved it over the low fence) that the dog that lives on that property has gone into the garden and played with it?

Look, ask your neighbour if they mind if you go collect the ball if it goes over. If you can't do that, just go play football elsewhere or try not to kick it over.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Athematica
You're complaining that when you've kicked a ball over into somebody else's garden (and not retrieved it over the low fence) that the dog that lives on that property has gone into the garden and played with it?

Look, ask your neighbour if they mind if you go collect the ball if it goes over. If you're too much of an aspie to do that, just go play football elsewhere or try not to kick it over like a spaz.

Now you know what happens when you kick it over, don't. Lol

There is no need to be rude, it was a question I had. The fence isn’t low enough for me to jump into there garden. It doesn’t not make me a spaz for hitting the ball over, you kick it and it hits a curb on the path and it goes over, does that make me a spaz? No it doesn’t. Even if I was to jump into there garden which is a stupid idea, the dog would attack me. If you haven’t got anything useful to say there is no point in commenting.
:lol: What useful advice do you expect to come of this thread?

You have explained that you cant go get the lost ball and you cant go elsewhere to play but you also cant keep the ball down.

Alright princess
Original post by Athematica
:lol: What useful advice do you expect to come of this thread?

You have explained that you cant go get the lost ball and you cant go elsewhere to play but you also cant keep the ball down.

Alright princess

I asked for a question which I am waiting to be answered. I didn’t ask for your rude comments to be made, like I said, if your are not going to be give proper feedback there is no point in replying.
Why don’t you knock on the neighbour’s door when you kick the ball over the fence and ask for the ball back?
Original post by bluemuffin
Why don’t you knock on the neighbour’s door when you kick the ball over the fence and ask for the ball back?

I do try, but the dog runs from the house and pops the ball pretty much instantly. I think I will now just stop playing football, it’s too expensive for me
So my house has a low fence, not our fence it’s the neighbors who own this one. I don’t have play football a whole lot, maybe due to my footballs always getting destroyed. But I brought a new ball for £15 and within 24 hours it went over the fence and the neighbors dog ate it. I normally don’t complain but I had this for less than 24 hours and I don’t work and only get £5 a week pocket money. Surely they should put a little bit towards it considering there dog does this so often?

By law, in China, if your neighbor's dog eats your balls you have the legal right to eat theirs.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest