The Student Room Group

Jazz Society

Scroll to see replies

henry_cow
Bill Evans Trio's Live at the Vanguard for the latter.

Fast piano eh? Horace Silver's Song For My Father.

Or Chick Corea's The Complete Is Sessions. Or Sun Ra's Space is the Place.

The first one ive heard and I have also heard Chick Corea's stuff! :biggrin:...I was thinking something more contemporary...
Reply 381
jakemittle
The first one ive heard and I have also heard Chick Corea's stuff! :biggrin:...I was thinking something more contemporary...

Newish release from a 90 year old: My Yiddish Mama's Favourites, by the Irving Fields Trio
Anyone here that loves Buble-type music and can understand some German..
here
Roger Cicero :biggrin:....
Maybe you'll like him

jakemittle
Anyone here that loves Buble-type music and can understand some German..
here
Roger Cicero :biggrin:....
Maybe you'll like him

Nu-Jazz!

Here:

http://www.we7.com/song/Hamel/Breezy?m=0 (http://open.spotify.com/track/0lyMYd1ZUVg5UbfHMv0nIa)
http://open.spotify.com/track/0Bvk3DAC0lOAW7thAMGHcK
http://open.spotify.com/track/27EsJDpcixusOQwVFdeRP7
Ffs people :colonhash:
:coma: I still love this man
:hi: Jazz Soc

I will try to be on here this Sunday to chat. :smile:
AliciaJ703
:hi: Jazz Soc

I will try to be on here this Sunday to chat. :smile:

:colonhash:

Morning over here Alicia! :wavey:
Eclectic Styles
:colonhash:

Morning over here Alicia! :wavey:

:wavey:

It's 3pm here. :smile:
This gets my heart going tbh :suith:
Reply 391
AliciaJ703

Good grief, that's like Kenny G: The Wine Bar years.
henry_cow
Good grief, that's like Kenny G: The Wine Bar years.

Sorry Charlie Brown. :lol:
AliciaJ703
Smooth Jazz is sooooo Pop Jazz :colonhash:
Stricof

I can't catch a break today. :rant:
Stricof

Oh yeah, everyone knows it, yet it's still real popular and is pretty much the ONLY kinda Jazz that actually has a few various and popular radio stations dedicating themselves to its sound (unlike our one in London, which is Smooth.fm-- with Jazz.fm just having a rather random mix of Jazz subgenres)

Still, it's probably one of the best sounds of Jazz and that can't be denied-- even though some of it is cheesy and cliched, much of it isn't and you gotta appreciate that for what it is (especially considering Trad Jazz really does sound the same everywhere to untuned ears :rolleyes:)

AliciaJ703

You just had your break...!

...about 7 hours this time turned around, heh oh! :colonhash:
Eclectic Styles
Oh yeah, everyone knows it, yet it's still real popular and is pretty much the ONLY kinda Jazz that actually has a few various and popular radio stations dedicating themselves to its sound (unlike our one in London, which is Smooth.fm-- with Jazz.fm just having a rather random mix of Jazz subgenres)

Still, it's probably one of the best sounds of Jazz and that can't be denied-- even though some of it is cheesy and cliched, much of it isn't and you gotta appreciate that for what it is (especially considering Trad Jazz really does sound the same everywhere to untuned ears :rolleyes:)

Oh yeah. :cool:

:blah:
AliciaJ703
Oh yeah. :cool:

:blah:

:wink2:

'Been listening to much Jazz in the past few weeks Alicia?
Eclectic Styles

People like Kenny G are crap.
He's a bit too commercial for my liking. And he looks like a prick.
He's not really a Jazzer at all. His tone isn't even very good.

It really isn't. Pop jazz, otherwise known as smooth Jazz has been successful with the public. But at what cost? The devaluation of Jazz. Please. I rather stay with Orthodox bebop than listen to that.

Most music sounds the same to the untuned ear, by genre. Ask me to find a non classical listener to tell the difference between Tchaikovsky and Wagner
Or the difference between Shubert and Bach.

So now we have elctro classical and pop classical - Oh thats popular but does it really do the genre any favour. not at all. And thats just a crossover genre example

Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with listening to smooth jazz or others listening to it. Its just not my cup of tea.

I'll stick to Brubeck :biggrin:

AliciaJ703
Chill dear :h:
Eclectic Styles
:wink2:

'Been listening to much Jazz in the past few weeks Alicia?

Not really. :p: I work a 9 hr. day. :rant:

Quick Reply

Latest