The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Eclectic Styles
BOOOOOO!

Someone quoted me?

Anyway, music-wise, I've been listening to these guys for a little while. I like their stuff, particularly this stuff:

They're one of the only few artists that could be considered part of the experimental genre of music known as Trip-Core. Simply put, it's a fusion of Trip-Hop, Hard-Rap and infrequently Hardcore toned down. It tends to have more of a grimier impact, is more darker, is quite dream/fantasy like, has slight dark ambient influences and isn't always politcally correct in it's message. All in all, it tends to be decent stuff, but there's just not enough of it out there. I could name other, specific artists, but when I hear it, I hear it.

Interesting :holmes:
AliciaJ703
Oh yeah, I agree. :yep: How is the revision going?

Not too well. Finding it hard to actually concentrate but I will get on the grind later on during the month as I don't know what I'll do if I dont get AAA and miss my offer :s-smilie:
Eclectic Styles
BOOOOOO!

Someone quoted me?

Anyway, music-wise, I've been listening to these guys for a little while. I like their stuff, particularly this stuff:

They're one of the only few artists that could be considered part of the experimental genre of music known as Trip-Core. Simply put, it's a fusion of Trip-Hop, Hard-Rap and infrequently Hardcore toned down. It tends to have more of a grimier impact, is more darker, is quite dream/fantasy like, has slight dark ambient influences and isn't always politcally correct in it's message. All in all, it tends to be decent stuff, but there's just not enough of it out there. I could name other, specific artists, but when I hear it, I hear it.

Canibal Ox are hard. One of the few Underground Hip Hop acts that I actually like along with Madvillain, Blu, Fashawn and Pacific Division on account of the rest of them being pretentious and boring. Actually Canibal can be abit pretentious but its excusable when they make albums like The Cold Vein
AliciaJ703
:music:

OWHHHH!

Funkarifically groovadelic! :yep:

P.S. This artist is pretty damm good! The guy painting the artwork, not the singer, obviously :rolleyes:-- heh heh.
Tha_Black_Shinobi
Not too well. Finding it hard to actually concentrate but I will get on the grind later on during the month as I don't know what I'll do if I dont get AAA and miss my offer :s-smilie:

Canibal Ox are hard. One of the few Underground Hip Hop acts that I actually like along with Madvillain, Blu, Fashawn and Pacific Division on account of the rest of them being pretentious and boring. Actually Canibal can be abit pretentious but its excusable when they make albums like The Cold Vein

To tell you the truth, you can hear the influences of this song in Cannibal Ox's work:

This is going oldddd-school hip-hop styles, yeah!
Reply 384
Tha_Black_Shinobi

Get on your grind to meet your offer. Is this for Nottingham?
Reply 385
Eclectic Styles

OWHHHH!

Funkarifically groovadelic! :yep:

P.S. This artist is pretty damm good! The guy painting the artwork, not the singer, obviously :rolleyes:-- heh heh.

What's up with all the red (neg rep) ES?
AliciaJ703
Get on your grind to meet your offer. Is this for Nottingham?

indeeed. I dont know how my mum is gonna cope without me. She keeps telling me that I should go with her and my dad to vote tommorrow instead of doing it myself when I get back to school
AliciaJ703

TSR Eccentrics Society.

Yep...

To clarify, it's due to all that rubbish that went on for the first five pages or so on that thread and because of the same guys trying to insult me and assert themselves somehow as superior by saying whatever it is they said (you'd have to look-- can't remember it but it was all nonsense). Literally, overnight my rep has gone in the read-- which brings to light some serious errors in TSR's site coding.

Really, though, one of them asked for my age. At that point, I knew I was dealing with a few guys with chips on their shoulders. Terrible times...:sigh:

I must admit, though, it was rather hilarious-- both during the slanging match and in retrospect. I did have a good ol' laugh, though, by the looks of it, they seemed to be getting geuinely miffed off as the whole debacle went on. They really seemed to think they were in high school and got it in their minds that I had set out to be "unique" or "random" or whatever-- no idea, really.:dontknow:

In a few words: they were being morons.

It didn't bother me, so don't worry. Reading through it gives me laughs because it essentially impromptu comedic genius. They probably didn't realise I'm a screwball humourist and experienced this stuff -- and still do every now and then -- time and time again. Good stuff...:yep:
Reply 388
Tha_Black_Shinobi
indeeed. I dont know how my mum is gonna cope without me. She keeps telling me that I should go with her and my dad to vote tommorrow instead of doing it myself when I get back to school

Okay.

I definitely understand your situation b/c my mom is also apprehensive about me leaving for school in London. She wants to make sure I'm safe. :smile: Yeah, go and vote with your parents. I will be looking forward to the election results 2mr.
Reply 389
Eclectic Styles
TSR Eccentrics Society.

Yep...

To clarify, it's due to all that rubbish that went on for the first five pages or so on that thread and because of the same guys trying to insult me and assert themselves somehow as superior by saying whatever it is they said (you'd have to look-- can't remember it but it was all nonsense).

Really, though, one of them asked for my age. At that point, I knew I was dealing with a few guys with chips on their shoulders. Terrible times...:sigh:

I must admit, though, it was rather hilarious-- both during the slanging match and in retrospect. I did have a good ol' laugh, though, by the looks of it, they seemed to be getting geuinely miffed off as the whole debacle went on. They really seemed to think they were in high school and got it in their minds that I had set out to be "unique" or "random" or whatever-- no idea, really.:dontknow:

In a few words: they were being morons.

It didn't bother me, so don't worry. Reading through it gives me laughs because it essentially impromptu comedic genius. They probably didn't realise I'm a screwball humourist and experienced this stuff -- and still do every now and then -- time and time again. Good stuff...:yep:

I knew it was related to the Society but they were so mean to you ES. But, I know you just brush those haters off. :cool: Some people on here intentionally try to attack you which in some cases could count as cyberbullying. I've had some unpleasant encounters but luckily in 2 weeks time I can say, "Ciao" for my little summer vacay.
AliciaJ703

That's what I asked. Twice. With no reply. :colonhash:
Reply 391
See you guys later, I'm logging off :auto:
Reply 392
+ polarity -

Look at his response to me. ES and I are on good terms. :five: See you Polar.
AliciaJ703
I knew it was related to the Society but they were so mean to you ES. But, I know you just brush those haters off. :cool: Some people on here intentionally try to attack you which in some cases could count as cyberbullying. I've had some unpleasant encounters but luckily in 2 weeks time I can say, "Ciao" for my little summer vacay.

Ciao, grazie. :yep:

Nah, I was fine with it because I've gone through that stuff on the Internet before, we all have. The first time it happens, you're pretty much trollbait. The next time you learn a bit more, I suppose. And from then on, it's just about realising it's the Internet and there are jerks out there who take their behaviour and mannerism from real-life into the Internet and/or act like snooker cues just because they can, usually because there's no real-world reprecussions for doing so.

It was fun seeing them getting confused and all that over my responses. One of em' ran off sharpish early in and the others just started to wobble all over the place. It got to the point where they started throwing stereotypes and schoolyard insults here and there. Trivial, pointless and just plain silly, really. :no:

And yeah, there are some people (probably about 15-20% of TSR when they become `aware` of my presence on here) who take it upon themselves to be extra mean or vindictive at me. Maybe it's a crusade of sorts for them or something? The Vindication of the Outlandish-- some kind of ego-boosting exercise, for sure. :rolleyes:

Cyberbullying or not, they shouldn't do it in the first place. And since it is technically cyberbullying, they should get reported up for it-- whether that's me or not, we'll see. :hmmm:

Last but not least, I'm sorry to hear about your experiences of this. How was it for you? What did they say? Were you ok afterwards? I hope it didn't manage to get to you too much, it can nasty what some guys and girls can say. :console:
+ polarity -

What the hell? Is that why I'm getting you quoting me? I had no idea! It's not showing up! :woo::woo::woo:

TSR is haunted! :ninja:
AliciaJ703
Look at his response to me. ES and I are on good terms. :five: See you Polar.

Bye, Alicia. :emo:
+ polarity -

Quotes aren't working this morning...

Oh dear...

Night.
Eclectic Styles
Quotes aren't working this morning...

Oh dear...

Night.

Are you going? I was saying bye to Alicia. :o:
Reply 398
Eclectic Styles
Ciao, grazie. :yep:

Nah, I was fine with it because I've gone through that stuff on the Internet before, we all have. The first time it happens, you're pretty much trollbait. The next time you learn a bit more, I suppose. And from then on, it's just about realising it's the Internet and there are jerks out there who take their behaviour and mannerism from real-life into the Internet and/or act like snooker cues just because they can, usually because there's no real-world reprecussions for doing so.

It was fun seeing them getting confused and all that over my responses. One of em' ran off sharpish early in and the others just started to wobble all over the place. It got to the point where they started throwing stereotypes and schoolyard insults here and there. Trivial, pointless and just plain silly, really. :no:

And yeah, there are some people (probably about 15-20% of TSR when they become `aware` of my presence on here) who take it upon themselves to be extra mean or vindictive at me. Maybe it's a crusade of sorts for them or something? The Vindication of the Outlandish-- some kind of ego-boosting exercise, for sure. :rolleyes:

Cyberbullying or not, they shouldn't do it in the first place. And since it is technically cyberbullying, they should get reported up for it-- whether that's me or not, we'll see. :hmmm:

Last but not least, I'm sorry to hear about your experiences of this. How was it for you? What did they say? Were you ok afterwards? I hope it didn't manage to get to you too much, it can nasty what some guys and girls can say. :console:

Some of the experiences have been a little unsettling but I've dealt with it and moved on as soon as I logged off. :smile:

How are you today?
Reply 399
+ polarity -

:hello: Polar

Latest