The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

SOAS or Bham for PPE?

Guys please help me which offer should I firm amongst them.I’m an international student and would be more interested in London but I don’t know which courses are more prestigious or about how student life etc is in either of the cities.I like Soas modules and Soas is 5 in UK for politics and really good in economics aswell.
Original post by Ahmed788
Guys please help me which offer should I firm amongst them.I’m an international student and would be more interested in London but I don’t know which courses are more prestigious or about how student life etc is in either of the cities.I like Soas modules and Soas is 5 in UK for politics and really good in economics aswell.

u applied for SOAS too? Go SOAS, its very prestigious.
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 2
Original post by Nish2257
u applied for SOAS too? Go SOAS, its very prestigious.

Yes I got accepted into soas and Birmingham for ppe
Yes I got accepted into soas and Birmingham for ppe

Hey I do ppe at soas and I'm just finishing my first year. If you like economics I wouldn't say soas is the greatest for it Bham is probably way better. But soas ppe is very interesting, and its probably unlike any other ppe degree at other unis. Philosophy focuses on mainly Asian and some African philosophies unlike the typical western philosophers which is really good imo. Soas recently were rated 5th best in the UK for politics and the politics department too is really good. soas is also a pretty political uni so its pretty interesting to learn politics there because there's always protests and campaigns and stuff. on the whole id reccomend soas but im pretty bias lol so up to you!

Hi thanks for your message. It's a really tough question and I remember being in a similar position a few years ago. I'm a final year undergraduate studying Arabic and International Relations. SOAS is a world renowned institution and it's one of London’s top universities, with a friendly, diverse, cosmopolitan community of students from all over the world. It is located in central London is Bloomsbury in Russel Square, a short walk from many of London’s bars, cafes and world-famous social and cultural sights, including the British Museum and the British Library. The social life at SAOS is great as there's over 100 societies you can join including sports clubs, Pakistani society, debating society, consulting, MENA and Nap society! It's a great way to make new friends, immerse in new cultures and broaden your own horizons. Outside of societies there are many opportunities offered at SOAS including becoming a student ambassador doing part-time paid work, representing the university in open days, exhibition and external events and the Careers Service helping you navigate your steps after university, offering tailored CV advice, interview and mock assessment practise, multiple workshops for deciding your future career path and supporting you with internship and graduate opportunities. The politics and IR department is amazing and the professors give you expert knowledge on their field and offer 1-1 support where needed. You can choose a range of modules like Introduction to the International Political Economy and Conflicts, Rights and Justice. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending