The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
+ polarity -
omdzzzz :mute:

My hair is too unruly for gel :erm:

Would I have to apply S-Curl first?

And why would I tie the locks back?! Lil Wayne clearly doesn't know how to operate hair, how he has so much money I don't know. :K:

Is Organic Root Stimulator Lock & Twist Gel sold in the UK? You don't have to apply S - Curl or worry about tying them back depending on length. Your hair is short to medium length so don't worry about hair bands.

How to Use It - Organic Root Stimulator Lock & Twist Gel

The manufacturer's site suggests applying the gel to freshly shampooed and conditioned hair, and after styling, to set under a dryer. This would be a good method for twists, locs and coils, but you can also apply it to dry hair without worrying about flaking.

The amount you use depends on the thickness of your hair, but you don't have to use an excessive amount to get satisfactory hold. For each twist section I used it on, I used about a dime-size amount. If you need to freshen up a style, you can apply more gel, which soaks into your hair much like water.

I think this would be a good product for anyone transitioning from relaxed to natural hair, especially for a transition-friendly style like comb coils. Applying the gel to wet hair and combing through allows the two textures to blend together, making the line of demarcation less obvious. If you've done the big chop and have a "teeny weeny afro," the gel works just as well for creating coils on short, natural hair. Wear the coils for a few days or a week, loosen them up and you can enjoy a chunky 'fro for a few days more.
Reply 1781
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Howeyoweyoweya Haweyaweyaweyo
Howeyoweyoweya Haweyaweyaweyo
Oh Africa!

Weyohe Weyohe Weyohe
Weyohe ahaa!
Oh Africa!

:woo: :music:

:wavey:
+ polarity -
omdzzzz :mute:

My hair is too unruly for gel :erm:

Would I have to apply S-Curl first?

And why would I tie the locks back?! Lil Wayne clearly doesn't know how to operate hair, how he has so much money I don't know. :K:

To keep them tied back, unless you want them all over your face....

Just shave your head, grab a pair of shades and grow a beard :bandit:
AliciaJ703

Spoiler

They sell it on Amazon :grin: but I may be able to get it at home. :beard:

In fact, I'll try it when I go home! :excited:

Stalin
Just shave your head, grab a pair of shades and grow a beard :bandit:

I avoid facial hair like the keratinous plague. :no:

Hi CCBB
P.S. Would I have to do that every day?!
AliciaJ703
:wavey:

:wavey: to you too :biggrin:

I don't post in here much, and I didn't really know what to say, so I thought I would randomly just post some Akon Oh Africa lyrics, that song is awesome :awesome:
+ polarity -

Hi CCBB

Just stubble man....

If I were black I'd adopt a ganxta-esque look, you have no idea how lucky you are....
Reply 1787
+ polarity -
P.S. Would I have to do that every day?!

Oh good, they sell it on Amazon. You apply the gel after you have finished twisting your hair as needed. So only put more gel in your if you feel the twists are unraveling or isn't very neat.
Reply 1788
Stalin
Just stubble man....

If I were black I'd adopt a ganxta-esque look, you have no idea how lucky you are....

Like how? :confused:
Stalin
Just stubble man....

Not even that. :yucky:

What? Dress like Xzibit, speak like Chris Eubank?

AliciaJ703
Oh good, they sell it on Amazon. You apply the gel after you have finished twisting your hair as needed. So only put more gel in your if you feel the twists are unraveling or isn't very neat.

Whoa... commitment. :broken:
+ polarity -

Hi CCBB

Oh, hiya :wavey:
Reply 1791
CherryCherryBoomBoom
:wavey: to you too :biggrin:

I don't post in here much, and I didn't really know what to say, so I thought I would randomly just post some Akon Oh Africa lyrics, that song is awesome :awesome:

You're welcome to post anytime. :smile: I like Akon ever since his first song when he was supposed to be in jail. :o:
AliciaJ703
Like how? :confused:

I'd dress like a hood *****.
+ polarity -

I'd speak like Xzibit too :woo:
Reply 1794
+ polarity -

:rofl:

It shouldn't be too much maintenance. :no: Also, buy a silk or polyester scarf to tie your hair at night or like some guys say, 'do - rag.' :smile:
Reply 1795
Stalin

I'd dress like a hood *****.

:hand:

I only date professional men.
AliciaJ703
:hand:

I only date professional men.

I only date hood chicks, you know, the cherry coke chicks.... :wink:
AliciaJ703
You're welcome to post anytime. :smile: I like Akon ever since his first song when he was supposed to be in jail. :o:

Oh yeah, Locked Up, I remember that. 2004 or something? Wow, he's done a lot since, good on him :yep:
Reply 1798
Stalin
I only date hood chicks, you know, the cherry coke chicks.... :wink:

But, I'm the best of both worlds - little hood but middle class. :puppyeyes:
AliciaJ703
But, I'm the best of both worlds - little hood but middle class. :puppyeyes:

Sorry, I don't trust the 'burban chicks....

Latest