The Student Room Group

why do girls like boots?

hi girls, i was wondering why you like boots especially tucked into your jeans.

trust me any guys hate them especially when they are tucked into your jeans or trousers.

last winter it was terrible, hope it wont be like that this winter.

there is a poll to find out if its only me and my friends that dont like them or if there are more people cos it will be nice to see.

Scroll to see replies

They are warm when you are wearing skirts.
Reply 2
look smarter than wearing trainers and they are warm, you can tread in slushy snow with them, trainers would get soaked... just good for winter :smile:

I'm not talking about these ugg boot things of course....
Reply 3
boots are niiiice :biggrin:

I never wear my jeans tucked into them though.
Reply 4
Vixen
boots are niiiice :biggrin:

I never wear them tucked into my jeans though.

:dito:
Reply 5
I don't like them and I'm a girl.
I have some boots that I wear with skirts in the winter. I never have my jeans tucked into them though, I really don't like the look.
Reply 7
well, i see your point about them being warm especially in the winter but surely thre is no need to wear them now.

some look smart but not all.
Reply 8
I would never attempt to tuck boots into my jeans... that would be weird... now tucking my jeans inside my boots however... :wink:
nah, I don't do it, but i don't think it looks crap, but then again no one did it here, so maybe if loads of people do it really badly I'd understand your aversion for it.
Reply 9
i does trust me. in london almost every girl did it last winter.
Reply 10
andyj72
i does trust me. in london almost every girl did it last winter.

yeah well, I live in some provincial backwater where people think denim + other shade of denim is the hight of fashion (which I've been told on this board is not the case apparently :wink: ). Just when I imagine them tucked in i think of something like this, which looks quite good I think: http://www.vogue.co.uk/Trends/Autumn_Winter_2004/Folklore/images/McCartney_mmB.jpg
well, sort of... suppose it's a hard look to pull off correctly really.
Reply 11
Adarah
I would never attempt to tuck boots into my jeans... that would be weird... now tucking my jeans inside my boots however... :wink:

What? Nobody said that....

:wink:
Vixen
What? Nobody said that....

:wink:

Read first post.
Reply 13
Adarah
yeah well, I live in some provincial backwater where people think denim + other shade of denim is the hight of fashion (which I've been told on this board is not the case apparently :wink: ). Just when I imagine them tucked in i think of something like this, which looks quite good I think: http://www.vogue.co.uk/Trends/Autumn_Winter_2004/Folklore/images/McCartney_mmB.jpg
well, sort of... suppose it's a hard look to pull off correctly really.

well that is sort of ok, but i wont immediately like it if i saw a girl wearing it downtown.
Reply 14
x-Jo-x
Read first post.

Ok, nevermind.
Reply 15
Boots look good with Jeans, one of the reasons why.
andyj72
trust me any guys hate them especially when they are tucked into your jeans or trousers.

You expect girls to dress according to what boys think? :biggrin: Hilarious. I say dress for no one but yourself, esspecially not what boysies think. (Maybe with the exception of red_roadkill).

I can't believe you generlised like that. Any guy? I know loads of boys that love boots, and I know loads that don't like them. Not everyone has the same opinions. Why the huge hate for them? You seem to suggest that it's because everyone's doing it, so do you hate all trends?
Reply 17
i dont like this whole boots thing myself but isnt it just someones own style??? like malibu said you cant generalise, one guy cant account for the whole male population!!
Reply 18
plus many girls seem to dress more to look good in front of their female friends than their guy friends. not everyone, but quite a few I'd say.
Mmm! Boots! I love boots! I'd rather wear them with a long skirt though (or short I suppose) rather than with jeans.

If you don't tuck the jeans in then you can't see the pretty boots properly :frown:

Latest