The Student Room Group

Is there anyone ridiculously taller than their parents?

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

depends entirely on your genetics, diet and environment so no one hear can say anything definitively
Reply 2
My mum is 5'9 and my dad is 6'0 but my brothers are both 6'6 and 6'7.
Reply 3
and i'm freaking 5'5, how did that happen loool
Original post by fishy789
I'm a 5'6 15 year old male and my parents are both 5'2. I don't feel as if I've had any major growth spurts but I was wondering how much taller than my parents I can get. My grandparents were 4'8 and 5'3 (dad's side) and 5'5 and 5'7.5 (mum's side). I also had a 6'3 great grandfather (mum's side). Is it too late for me to get a growth spurt and how much taller than my parents can I get?

Average of both your parents' height then +5 inches if you're a guy and -5 if you're a girl is a way to estimate your height.

That would put you at 5'7 but obviously, not everyone is the same and some are much taller and some are much shorter than this. As you are only 15, you still have a lot of growing to do.
There's no proven way to predict a child's adult height. However, several formulas can provide a reasonable guess for child growth. Here's a popular example: Add the mother's height and the father's height in either inches or centimeters. Add 5 inches (13 centimeters) for boys or subtract 5 inches (13 centimeters) for girls. Divide by two.
Not guaranteed. And if it's right you're pretty much as tall as your going to get!
I'm a 5'6 15 year old male and my parents are both 5'2. I don't feel as if I've had any major growth spurts but I was wondering how much taller than my parents I can get. My grandparents were 4'8 and 5'3 (dad's side) and 5'5 and 5'7.5 (mum's side). I also had a 6'3 great grandfather (mum's side). Is it too late for me to get a growth spurt and how much taller than my parents can I get?

at 15 i was 5ft7 then randomly over post GCSE holiday i grew steadily till now ( 17) to 6ft2 so theres still a chance
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
at 15 i was 5ft7 then randomly over post GCSE holiday i grew steadily till now ( 17) to 6ft2 so theres still a chance

How tall are your parents dude?

mother-5ft6
dad-5ft10.5
Reply 9

This is a very uncommon I wouldn't get your hopes up. Height isn't all its cracked up to be so don't worry about it.
Reply 10
Original post by Goaded

Short mailman.
5'11/6'0

Parents are both like 5'5 / 5'6
Original post by Goaded
My mum is 5'9 and my dad is 6'0 but my brothers are both 6'6 and 6'7.

Yup same kind of thing here. My dad is maybe 5ft 9, mum 5ft 2, but I'm 6ft 3

Original post by Goaded

You're a girl. :colonhash:
Reply 13
Original post by cbreef
Yup same kind of thing here. My dad is maybe 5ft 9, but I'm 6ft 3

but my mum is 5'9 and all the other girls in my family are 5'7 and above except one. :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by cbreef
Yup same kind of thing here. My dad is maybe 5ft 9, mum 5ft 2, but I'm 6ft 3

I have 5 sisters so I'm really an outlier....lmao
are your dad's side latino?
Original post by Goaded
but my mum is 5'9 and all the other girls in my family are 5'7 and above except one. :frown:

Height doesn't matter as much if you're a girl to be honest. Men don't really care so it's only really relevant if you do some sport or something,

Spoiler

Reply 17
Original post by cbreef
Height doesn't matter as much if you're a girl to be honest. Men don't really care so it's only really relevant if you do some sport or something,

Spoiler

The top shelf thing has a real impact on my life. I HAVE TO GET ON TOP OF EVERY COUNTER IN THE KITCHEN. Makes my cooking like 10 minutes longer.
Original post by Goaded
The top shelf thing has a real impact on my life. I HAVE TO GET ON TOP OF EVERY COUNTER IN THE KITCHEN. Makes my cooking like 10 minutes longer.

Buy a stool.
Original post by cbreef

Spoiler

You say that, but have you tried being a female who stands at 6'3" without heels on? xD

Quick Reply

Latest