The Student Room Group

Can’t get work!!

Guys, I’ve been applying for jobs like customer assistant roles at Morrisons and Tesco, however, I keep getting reject and I don’t understand why when I have 5 experience in retail. Any way anyone can help me?
Original post by nkhann01
Guys, I’ve been applying for jobs like customer assistant roles at Morrisons and Tesco, however, I keep getting reject and I don’t understand why when I have 5 experience in retail. Any way anyone can help me?

It seems like your online profile or something is letting you down.

Try applying through the supermarkets own website as might have more success.

Have you thought about applying for a job with boots as you just do a online profile Via there own website and then select what job you were wanting to do and then await for you to do a online assessment which is easy to do and then if successful you'll be offered a in-store interview at your convenience and hopefully be offered a job.

Someone like you'd with experience in retail shouldn't have any problems.

There's plenty of vacancies available right now for Xmas TEM role's and also full-time permanent ( part time or full time) with majority of retailers.
Reply 2
Original post by Littleemma98
It seems like your online profile or something is letting you down.

Try applying through the supermarkets own website as might have more success.

Have you thought about applying for a job with boots as you just do a online profile Via there own website and then select what job you were wanting to do and then await for you to do a online assessment which is easy to do and then if successful you'll be offered a in-store interview at your convenience and hopefully be offered a job.

Someone like you'd with experience in retail shouldn't have any problems.

There's plenty of vacancies available right now for Xmas TEM role's and also full-time permanent ( part time or full time) with majority of retailers.

Hi thanks for your reply, I actually gained my 5 years experience with Boots; was looking for something with a supermarket to work alongside uni; I have applied through their very own websites so not too sure why I keep getting rejected
Reply 3
Just finished college and want a bit of cash? Apply to a supermarket.
Recently unemployed and needing a job to tide you over? Apply to a supermarket.
Need a second income due to cost of living? Apply to a supermarket.

The likes of Tesco gets swamped with applications. That is why you are struggling.
Hi thanks for your reply, I actually gained my 5 years experience with Boots; was looking for something with a supermarket to work alongside uni; I have applied through their very own websites so not too sure why I keep getting rejected

Hi
No worries 🙂🙂
Wow a fellow boot's employee as I have worked with boots for just over 10 years as started as a young 15 year old girl, I currently working as a pharmacy dispenser advisor as enjoy this side of the job because it helps me with medications for my nursing.

I'm sorry to hear that you can't find anything else dispite the experience you have but perhaps stick with your current job as you have at least got one.
Reply 5
Original post by Gazpacho.
Just finished college and want a bit of cash? Apply to a supermarket.
Recently unemployed and needing a job to tide you over? Apply to a supermarket.
Need a second income due to cost of living? Apply to a supermarket.

The likes of Tesco gets swamped with applications. That is why you are struggling.

Yeah I guess so, just assumed I’d be “more preferred” with the experience I have under my belt
Reply 6
Hi
No worries 🙂🙂
Wow a fellow boot's employee as I have worked with boots for just over 10 years as started as a young 15 year old girl, I currently working as a pharmacy dispenser advisor as enjoy this side of the job because it helps me with medications for my nursing.

I'm sorry to hear that you can't find anything else dispite the experience you have but perhaps stick with your current job as you have at least got one.

Currently unemployed!! Had to leave boots because I just couldn’t work with the new general manager we had
Currently unemployed!! Had to leave boots because I just couldn’t work with the new general manager we had

Sorry an you not currently working just because you didn't like your new general manager 😕

Did you not think about finding something else in another branch.

I'm sure you'll find a job soon especially with the amount of vacancies at the moment..
Reply 8
Sorry an you not currently working just because you didn't like your new general manager 😕

Did you not think about finding something else in another branch.

I'm sure you'll find a job soon especially with the amount of vacancies at the moment..

Unfortunately, she wouldn’t allow that; so resorted to leaving and actually got a job in Oct 2022 @ Llodys bank (I was temporarily withdrawn from uni at this time) so I was working FT; then it was time to return to uni and had to leave lloyds :frown: not found a job since
Unfortunately, she wouldn’t allow that; so resorted to leaving and actually got a job in Oct 2022 @ Llodys bank (I was temporarily withdrawn from uni at this time) so I was working FT; then it was time to return to uni and had to leave lloyds :frown: not found a job since

Oh wow that's bad management if they stopped you transferring or applying for another job at another boots branch 😞😞😞😞.
I don't blame you for leaving if you weren't treated like this 😭.

University would take a big chunk of your daily routine up depending on your course you were doing, then trying to find a part-time job to suit your needs and your university course hours is sometimes difficult especially if you wanted to work during the week after finishing university.

I don't know if you consider reapply for a job back in boots as you have the necessary experience there but obvious that is your choice but I would still keep applying for jobs even if it is temporarily for the Christmas period with the view of general permanent position out of it.
Reply 10
Oh wow that's bad management if they stopped you transferring or applying for another job at another boots branch 😞😞😞😞.
I don't blame you for leaving if you weren't treated like this 😭.

University would take a big chunk of your daily routine up depending on your course you were doing, then trying to find a part-time job to suit your needs and your university course hours is sometimes difficult especially if you wanted to work during the week after finishing university.

I don't know if you consider reapply for a job back in boots as you have the necessary experience there but obvious that is your choice but I would still keep applying for jobs even if it is temporarily for the Christmas period with the view of general permanent position out of it.

Yeah I’ve thought the same way too, best way to go about it really
Yeah I’ve thought the same way too, best way to go about it really

Yeah sounds like they had made a decision not to allow you to apply elsewhere 😕😕.

They went the wrong way about it but they decided against you as perhaps you were such a good employee they didn't want you to go to another store...
Reply 12
Yeah sounds like they had made a decision not to allow you to apply elsewhere 😕😕.

They went the wrong way about it but they decided against you as perhaps you were such a good employee they didn't want you to go to another store...

Perhaps
Reply 13
Hi
No worries 🙂🙂

What role did you apply for at Boots when you were 15?
Original post by Idk131
What role did you apply for at Boots when you were 15?

Hi
I started as a customer advisor ( assistant) role as that's what all the staff are known as .

Just apply via boot's own website and hopefully you'll get a opportunity to work with them.

Try places like mcdonalds and other fast food places. They take on a lot of students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending