The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I like boots because you can wear them with trousers or skirts and they will look good. I just got a new pair of really nice brown boots and i'm not allowed to wear them til my mum has scotch-guarded them. Boots are good, I wouldn't wear them with my jeans tucked in though, that is strictly wellie boot style.
Steel toe capped boots for working in the labs at uni. Also come in handy for kicking attackers in the shins. :biggrin:

Also I wear leather boots (not fashion ones) for safety if I decide to go exploring or whatnot, also because I ride a motorbike.

The only boots I wear for fun are these: Doc Martin's limited edition, and yes, unashamedly skinny jeans tucked in, so ner!!

Reply 22
Black high-heel, shin-high boots are the sexiest shoes in the world, and I think jeans tucked into boots is just as good
i hate boots, i have only one pair but they are like slippers so they aren't really- i never tuck my jeans into my shoes- so common
Reply 24
Malibu_barbie
You expect girls to dress according to what boys think? :biggrin: Hilarious. I say dress for no one but yourself, esspecially not what boysies think. (Maybe with the exception of red_roadkill).

I can't believe you generlised like that. Any guy? I know loads of boys that love boots, and I know loads that don't like them. Not everyone has the same opinions. Why the huge hate for them? You seem to suggest that it's because everyone's doing it, so do you hate all trends?

certainly not, i just dislike most especially when they are tucked in cos they look horrible on the girl.
Reply 25
boots soo look cool, but im not sure of the tucking into jeans look is easy to pull of

ps im thinking of the felt 'squishy' boots or classy black boots not some studded (on the inside) goth boots
Reply 26
I love boots :biggrin: I've got some brown suede ones from Faith that I wear all the time, but under jeans or with a skirt if I'm going out :smile:
I love boots too...the thing is I hate the look of boots under jeans...when you see the bottom of them, to me that is really ugly. I like boots and skirts but not short skirts because that tends to look trashy
i hate it when girls do that.
just cos on celebrity did it, doesnt mean it looks good! :rolleyes:

i wear boots yes but only in the winter, (which is basically all the time in england :p: ) and only when i go out. they are much warmer than normal shoes and they look quite smart.
Reply 29
They are comfy, warm, you can wear big socks under them and still feel sexy. Fantastic in the winter, love wearing my boots under my jeans and keeping my legs so nice and toasty! Wonderus.
Reply 30
^^ exactly - for me tucking skinney jeans into boots makes perfect sense, even if blokes dont like it.
a) you get to show off your ridiculusly expensive boots
b) it stops your feet getting soaked and your jeans dragging in mud/rain
c) its warm!!
Reply 31
~the_one~
^^ exactly - for me tucking skinney jeans into boots makes perfect sense, even if blokes dont like it.
a) you get to show off your ridiculusly expensive boots
b) it stops your feet getting soaked and your jeans dragging in mud/rain
c) its warm!!

I've got a pair of boots which are all fluffy inside :biggrin: the perfect choice of footwear for a football match in winter :p:
Reply 32
Not a fan of the old boots combination.....
Reply 33
Not a boot person.. sandals = love. :love:

Latest