The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
jemrock
I've never done anything on technology! Is that even a possible question??

nope, my cousin's a french teacher and she said no way. only in conjunction with hobbies/ spare time. panic over! :P
Reply 61
part time job? no point revising?
Reply 62
katieann93
unfortunately, yeah. It's a bit less likely apparently. but i dunno i'm revising it just in case, SQA can be evil sometimes and there are no rules against it.

ft SQA. :confused:
Reply 63
Haha, good night sleep is in order I think, not really worried anymore (:
Only thing that could go wrong is writing, and really it's only 10% right? (:
Good luck everyone!
Reply 64
ShieldsG
Haha, good night sleep is in order I think, not really worried anymore (:
Only thing that could go wrong is writing, and really it's only 10% right? (:
Good luck everyone!

wise words! although,
i'm doing an all nighter. it seems to be working so far, so zombified i will be.
Good luck all! Ft SQA from one and all! :woo:
Reply 65
bakesale
ft SQA. :confused:

hells yeah.
what i would not give for a photographic memory right now.
Reply 66
Good Luck
Bon chance avec les examains. Je suis sure que tous le monde will be magnifique.

AND REMEMBER TO REGISTER FOR MYSQA TO GET YOUR RESULTS A DAY EARLY BY TEXT OR EMAIL AT WWW.MYSQA.INFO.

SAM
Reply 68
Good luck today fellow French sitters! :smile:
Reply 69
Best of luck today guys :smile:
Reply 70
So what did everyone think?

Reading - was okay, translation was pretty easy?
Listening - well...i've kinda resigned myself to failing that lol
Directed Writing - okay ish ?
Other Essay - suject okay..I've never done the conditional though so I used the future for the most part, do you reckon that willl be okay?
jemrock
So what did everyone think?

Reading - was okay, translation was pretty easy?
Listening - well...i've kinda resigned myself to failing that lol
Directed Writing - okay ish ?
Other Essay - suject okay..I've never done the conditional though so I used the future for the most part, do you reckon that willl be okay?

I thought the reading was fine and the translation was a gift, most of it was the imperfect :smile: The listening was...OK I groaned when I saw holidays, I don't think anyone was expecting that, but I think I did OK. I thought the Directed Writing was the best they've ever given, no stupid twin town, no job, nothing! For the Mini writing I just made everything up- I went on to talking about 3 different regions of France (where I'd love to go, though I've been twice :P) I'd be over the moon with a 6 for it :P :yep: I thought the SQA were pretty kind to us!
I'm very happy. Reading is ok, the first part stunned me at first but when i spend some time, it came together. Translation was great. DW is fairly straightfoward, the only part i wasn't too confident on was the difference, i made something up about in France the holidays are longer. Listening didn't go that well, i kind of guessed a lot of answers. The writing was alright, wasn't expecting holidays but i think i tackled it ok.

Overall, i'm fairly happy. I'll be happy if all my exams go like that.
Reply 73
Did you guys use the conditional tense for the second essay?
jemrock
Did you guys use the conditional tense for the second essay?

I mostly used the future but i did use conditional several times for the writing.
Reply 75
LordOfTheIsles
I mostly used the future but i did use conditional once for the writing.

Cool, do you reckon they'll let us off with the future tense? Sorry to be so single minded, just kinda worried
Reply 76
Pah, easy. (:
Aside from holidays, bad times!
jemrock
Cool, do you reckon they'll let us off with the future tense? Sorry to be so single minded, just kinda worried

As long as its used correctly i shouldn't see a problem.
Reply 78
COol thanks
ARGH at the listening! I thought everything else was fine though :smile: i'm reassured though, because during the prelims my friend got about 5 marks in the listening but he still got an A and a higher mark than an actual half-french person in our class :thumbsup:

Latest

Trending

Trending