The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I'm doing it. I find mechanics much harder than core. But I think/hope with more practice I should be alright.
Reply 2
Most difficult module imo, FP2 is easier.
Reply 3
and this one.
I find M2 a lot easier than FP2! Hopefully should do well in the exam... *crosses fingers*
Reply 5
Don't like M2. Glad I have marks spare.
2 days to go its not looking too great for me tbh. I hope I did well enough in C4 to give me a bit of lee-way.
The Stig's student cousin :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My least favourite module. Should still be ok providing I don't lose too many marks on frameworks
Done a couple of past papers today, high 60s in marks, only errors being silly mistakes. I get along better with the newer ones though as it's more algebraic ones than number crunching where it's easy to make mistakes
how did everyone find it?

I thought it sucked!!! the tilting questions just took the p*** ... and the work question at the end was seriously ****ed up.

Man i hate mechanics...

p.s.: it was a resit btw
Reply 10

i found it quite hard actually, esp the energy question
Reply 11
I found it ok, no major problems. The last question was a little tricky, but i thought it was easier than most of the past papers overall.
Reply 12
Did anyone get 6.3J for the last question? I did 210cos35WfΔEk=S210cos35 - W_f - \Delta E_k = S

For the framework question part iii) was it the vertical rod that changed from a 300N tension, to a 300N compression, the rest stayed the same?

I thought it seemed a bit harder than most of the past papers (apart from Jun 06)
Reply 13
DeanT

For the framework question part iii) was it the vertical rod that changed from a 300N tension, to a 300N compression, the rest stayed the same?

I put it as a 900N compression, as when you remove the force it will be a 300N compression and there is another 600N when the force is placed at the bottom?

And 6.3J doesnt ring a bell, but i probably got it wrong... :rolleyes:
Reply 14
What was the set-up of the stand and string? I wasn't 100% sure what they were describing.
Reply 15
For the frameworks question, was Y= 300N and X = 0N, as there were no other horizontal forces, I doubt it but they're the only numbers I could get out of it. I really really struggled with the frameworks and Work and energy question. Unless I've got full marks on the first two I doubt I'll have got my A
Reply 16
Donor
For the frameworks question, was Y= 300N and X = 0N, as there were no other horizontal forces

I got Y = 300N, X = 0N too, so hopefully it's right :p:
Reply 17
Donor
For the frameworks question, was Y= 300N and X = 0N, as there were no other horizontal forces, I doubt it but they're the only numbers I could get out of it. I really really struggled with the frameworks and Work and energy question. Unless I've got full marks on the first two I doubt I'll have got my A

Hey yeah I got Y= 300 X= 0 I didn't really know for the X one so I just guessed...good maths!

I was kind of ok up until Q2 then I got to question 3 and 4 and just completely crumbled I started getting all in a fluster and dropping my ruler on the floor etc.

I thought it was pretty tricky! But then again I am a mechanics retard. Which angle did people get as the smallest. Was it the second one?
In all calculations on the framework tensions/compressions I always used 30 degrees instead of 60 degrees and vice versa.

Anyone got any ideas how many marks I'd get for doing that (out of 9)? I still got consistent corresponding tensions/compressions across the shape but obviously wrong values. And I even crossed through a few of the values properly worked out - stupid change of mind!!
Reply 19
Can anyone remember what the set-up of the stand and string on the final part of question 2 was? I wasn't 100% sure what they were describing.

Latest

Trending

Trending