The Student Room Group

TSR Piano Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Yeah because his Le Onde album isn't my fave. Una Mattina is fab though
Reply 381
kul!! his website isnt that good though, and i didnt know he was a photographer as well!
Reply 382
Lol!!

I'm on his forums, but haven't been on there in ages.

I have his live La Scala concert CD that is absolutely brill!!
Reply 383
sexysax
Lol!!

I'm on his forums, but haven't been on there in ages.

I have his live La Scala concert CD that is absolutely brill!!

kul!!! i have to do a project on a composer in music soon, i dunno if i should do it on him or beethoven, im debating with myself now lol
Reply 384
I guess it depends how much detail you need to go into!

If it is big then maybe Beethoven - but then to do something slightly different and interesting you could do Einaudi
Reply 385
w000. More people who love Einaudi. He's awesome. Currently working my way through Questa Notte. So far so good :smile: And yes Le Onde very nearly brought tears to my eyes too. Hehe I did it for a concert when I left school in year 11 and the head of music wanted me to shorten it because in his view it's too long (the fool), so I pretended to agree to shorten out. Then played the whole thing at the concert itself :p: - the hall was packed, 'twas great :biggrin: - Einaudi's music is brilliant. Sure, its a bit repetitive but that means its easier to learn :biggrin:
Reply 386
Excellent! I like you!! rep coming your way!! :biggrin:
Reply 387
sexysax
Excellent! I like you!! rep coming your way!! :biggrin:

Hehe. Thankies - what other Einaudi pieces d'ya like? :smile:
Reply 388
I seriously like most of them!!

Una Mattina - all the ones of that album are fab!

Le Onde, Nefeli, Questa Notte, I Giorni and loads others I can't spell!!!
Reply 389
Lol, yeah a lot of them are stupidly hard to spell. I've only really come across the pieces on the Le Onde album. I love the faster bit with the triplets in Questa Notte - it sounds quite hard to play, but I was really pleased when it wasn't actually that hard at all :p: - I may pick up Music as an AS next year - I reckon I'll play some Einaudi for the performing section of the coursework :smile:
Reply 390
Ace!

Pick the piece carefully, some are ok for performing, others are a big no no
Reply 391
sexysax
Ace!

Pick the piece carefully, some are ok for performing, others are a big no no

D'ya think Le Onde would be too easy for AS? If I'd had enough time between discovering the aceness that is Einaudi and the GCSE performances I'd have probably done it then.
Reply 392
I think it might be, you also have to check the syllabus as to what else they are looking for other than difficulty though.
As it is quite repetitive it doesn't show you off much
Reply 393
Yeah that was kind of what I was thinking. Ah well, I'll cross that bridge if/when I come to it :p:

so erm yeah....wooo Einaudi! lol.

My piano teacher was on about how they sound better on the recorder! :| Apparently she and her daughter who plays recorder played around with the piece so her daughter played the main tune on the recorder and apparently it sounds really haunting. Thought that was quite an interesting little story anyhoo :p: but she said they sound better on recorder. I was shocked! lol
Reply 394
Wow lol!!

I was going to arrange some pieces for another solo instrumentm, but I have no time whatsoever to do it! So..grrr! I'll get round to it one day hopefully!
Reply 395
Coolies. Hmm I've never tried arranging pieces for different instruments. Sure it could be interesting though...if I played another instrument properly. I mess around on guitar, but not played that in years. Want to pick up a new instrument at some point. Brass or woodwind maybe. Hmmmm...decisions decisions. Don't really fancy strings. Did violin for a bit in year 8...or year 9...one of that two, didn't like it :p: - but then I probably didn't give it much of a chance....hmm....I'm rambling now lol.

Edit: Years = Weeks :p:
Reply 396
I used to do violin!!

Yeah arranging is good fun, and it makes you think.

Le Onde wouldn't be too difficult to arrange,- just get the melody line and transpose it for another instrument.

Or I might if I get lots of time arrange it for a varied group of instruments...it could sound interesting!!
Reply 397
I probably didn't give violin much of a chance to be honest. I felt it was taking too long to get past the 'strangled-cat' sounds that I made.....but I was young and muppet-like at the time. Some things never change though lol.

I could probably arrange Le Onde if I wanted to - then have a piano accompinament in there just to make sure at least some of it is still being played on the right instrument hehe.

How varied a group of instruments were you thinking?
Reply 398
I don't know really. A sax quartet would be interesting but would probably ruin the piece!!

Possibly guitar, flute and recorder
Reply 399
Sax quartet would be uber-interesting - might not really convey the idea of a wave much though. (at least I think Onde means wave....I'll check that...) Hmm sax is another instrument I wouldn't mind learning. I know 3 people who play sax and they all love it. Well, I dunno if one of 'em is still playing - but I'm sure at least 2 of them will still be playing it.

Guitar, flute and recorder would sound quite nice I think. Try it! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest