The Student Room Group

TSR Piano Society

Can't find it so I'll start one.

If you play the piano you are welcome to join, just PM me your details, grade etc.

Also introduce yourself on this thread: state your level, and 3 favourite piano pieces. (Classical only! No modern music please. We need to keep this thread clean. :rolleyes: )

The number in the bracket indicates the grade achieved in ARBSM exam or equivalent.
The word "Standard" after a number indicates an examination has not been taken for that grade but the person is at that standard.

Members:

darkenergy (8)
steerpike
ponjavic
thatguy
GengisKahn (5, doing 8)
sezmeister (8)
mikeski (4)
musicbloke (Cambridge.... :rolleyes: )
trish xx (5)
CharXlotte (8)
robs (8)
sherunsaway (7, doing 8)
wei_xin (7, doing 8)
x-Jo-x (6)
moonscape (7, doing 8)
sophieD
thebucketwoman (8)
JC87 (5, doing 7/8)
sexysax (6, doing 7)
thepublictoilet (8)
jcd (8 standard)
~MOi~
Frosty Phantom (8)
themesong
Emily-Sarah (6/7 standard)
The Canadian (doing 5)
coldfish (8)
lilsk8achic666 (8)
Kan3 (3 standard)
flipflop2
Womble548 (8, Diploma?)
what_a_shambles (10 yrs)
sabre
distortedgav (6 standard)
rofl (DipABRSM)
greeniev (>8)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My three favourite piano pieces are 'Dr Gradus ad parnassum' and 'le cathedrale engloutie' by debussy and 'moonlight sonata' by Beethoven :smile:
Reply 2
steerpike
My three favourite piano pieces are 'Dr Gradus ad parnassum' and 'le cathedrale engloutie' by debussy and 'moonlight sonata' by Beethoven :smile:

Moonlight sonata! I just love presto agitato :biggrin:
Reply 3
ponjavic
Moonlight sonata! I just love presto agitato :biggrin:

I absolutely love Presto Agitato. I would love to know how to play it one day! It seems impossible!
Reply 4
I can play revolutionary study but am still learning fantasie impromptu!!! :frown:
Reply 5
Wow. Are you self taught, or did you take heaps of piano lessons?

I am self taught, but cannot read music (well I can at a very, very slow rate), but quite a few people have told me that I play my own compositions to grade 8 standard. If I can do this, do you think I can get up to grade 8 music reading standard quite quickly?
Reply 6
thatguy
I absolutely love Presto Agitato. I would love to know how to play it one day! It seems impossible!

I can barely play the first part when it goes fast, trying to learn the other parts too. It's easy one of the best pieces I've heard :smile:

And when he plays it in Little Britain :p:
Reply 7
ponjavic
...And when he plays it in Little Britain :p:

Yeah, I've seen that. It's so funny.
Reply 8
thatguy
Wow. Are you self taught, or did you take heaps of piano lessons?

I am self taught, but cannot read music (well I can at a very, very slow rate), but quite a few people have told me that I play my own compositions to grade 8 standard. If I can do this, do you think I can get up to grade 8 music reading standard quite quickly?

oh no, i had lessons with a teacher.... you can compose? I can't compose anything...... i can only play whats in front of me. i think grade 8 is quite doable, all you need to do is learn 3 pieces thoroughly, and then do scales about 5 weeks before the exam.
I hate the exams. Argh! I did my Grade 5 a term ago, only because I had to in order to start doing my grade 8; I just haven't been doing grades for years because of all other stuff in my life...

Fave Piece: Adieu to the Piano - Beethoven. Also Die Moldau - Smetana.
Reply 10
do you mean grade 5 theory?
Reply 11
I would like to join please! I'm taking my grade 8 next Friday and am very scared! I think my favourite piece to play would be Arabesque number 1 by Debussy (and most other things by him) but i think the Pathetique Sonata by Beethoven is beautiful, although i havent accomplished that one! I also love playing Nocturne in E flat from Chopin - that's beautiful
Reply 12
nice, which pieces are you playing?
I played the Scarlatti, Beethoven Sonata, and Intermezzo by Schumann.
Reply 13
hey can i join??
my level: 4
fav pieces: Moonlight Sonata - Beethoven (hu doesnt luv it??), Fúr Elise - Beethoven, Etuse 3 by hmm, dunno who lol
:biggrin: :biggrin:
it's very quiet in here

MB
Reply 15
im here :biggrin::biggrin: lol
Reply 16
has anyone got Cakewalk Overture for windows? i made a we riff sorta thing and i wonderd if any1 could put a tune to it? its in tpiano, but i think it sounds better with slowstar strings, ne takers? privet message me if u can please :smile:
Reply 17
just thought id add Sonata No. 14 "Moonlight" (3rd Movement: Presto agitato) to my fav pieces, i think its fantastic!!!!!!!!!! i love every note of it, not too keen on the 2nd movement of Moonlight, but i love the hole Sonata!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
can i join please? im on grade 5 (just...got 100 for my mark...:eek::smile:
im more into jazz, but my favourite pieces are(in no particular order): Bottle Bank Boogie (Pam Wedgewood) Fúr Elise (Beethoven) and Ronda Alla Turka (Mozart)
Reply 19
I'd love to join too :biggrin:
Grade 8.
3 fav pieces: Für Elise (Beethoven), The Flight of the Bumblebee ..though I can't say I can play it :P ..(Rimsky-Korsakov), Arabesque No.1 (Debussy)!

Quick Reply

Latest