The Student Room Group

TSR Piano Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
buts its ok.. i suppose..
Reply 981
Cool!

What are you learning at the moment then?
Reply 982
I hate keyboards!!! I was playing as pianist for a school ensemble I'm part of once and they gave me a keyboard (cause they couldn't move a piano into the venue) and it was so terrible, I couldn't even really get emotions out of the keyboard!!!!!

Still on Ballade No 1 and parents are starting to complain (LOL) so switching for a short while to one of Beethoven's violin sonatas... the piano part that is.....
Reply 983
I hate keyboards too! Some keyboards you can get some variation with loud and soft, but really it's not enough for me.
Reply 984
i think once you get one with weighted keys u never go back! or even better a proper piano! the piano in my music class is so badly out of tune! they havent tuned it in 9 years!! :eek:

the other one in the other music room is just slightly out of tune but its ok.
Reply 985
Pianos sound much better than keyboards though.
Reply 986
yea deffo!

here we need a pic for our soc!!!!!!!!
Reply 987
mikeski

here we need a pic for our soc!!!!!!!!

Yeah, we do, I agree!
Reply 988
Lets see if we can find a good one!
Reply 989
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGLE!!!

i have a few on me computer but they are too big and would really go with the soc..
upload them! :smile: Hey you can use www.gifworks.com to resize images, even animated ones :smile:
someone explain to me why debussy pieces are so difficult :frown:
Reply 992
wei_xin
someone explain to me why debussy pieces are so difficult :frown:

hmm interestin probably because hes such a genius.. :biggrin: so ok. i dont know :biggrin:
debussy uses a lot of weird hard chords:frown:
Reply 994
Can anyone remember what their first lessons were like. What was helpful, what was off putting, what would you have done differently?

I'm going to be giving lessons for the first time soon and I'm a bit apprehensive about those first few lessons. I'm wondering how much balance to give to theory at first, if I lay it on too thick it'll seem like they can't play anything and may get put off. On the other hand, if I don't do enough it might not make sence.
Reply 995
I've had quite a few teachers, and only now have I got one that I think ..yep they are really good.

I would do theory as soon as possible, but keep it in the context of the pieces they are learning. Also include technique exercises as soon as they are able because it saves so much correction later on.
Reply 996
have we got a pic yet for the soc?
Reply 997
has anyone heard of the Belgian contemporary pianist Geert, who won the Belgian King price I think or sth like that.. anyone heard of him?
Btw if you can't see the score download the mp3 :smile: Oh and I didn't write it as you may have guessed :p:

Quick Reply

Latest