The Student Room Group

Please help! Mature student needs advice on economics degree application!!

Please help me!

I am a self employed music teacher with an HND in contemporary music (level 4 apparantly). With the recession and my increasing age, the music industry seems to no longer be a good place to be (all session work I undertook is now being done by younger, cheaper people!!)

I have children, I am married and have several financial commitments.

I would love to go back to university and study for a degree in economics, but I don't know how having my HND will

A) affect my course eligability and course fees, and
B) will enable me to go into a 'proper' degree without any A levels.

Any help and advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
Aj3000
Please help me!

I would love to go back to university and study for a degree in economics, but I don't know how having my HND will

A) affect my course eligability and course fees, and

No. This is a good ELQ checker.

Aj3000
B) will enable me to go into a 'proper' degree without any A levels

What is your maths background? That's the main thing departments will consider when looking at economics degree applicants.
Reply 2
Ok I have 11 GCSEs (8 a*-c including maths) and I am financial services authority accredited thru a job as a salesman / business manager at a car dealership recently. The course I undertook is not listed on the ELQ checker, nor anything even close. I am desperate to get on track after thoroughly ruining my life up until now! If only careers advice existed when I was 14... then I would have known music was a total waste of time and money!!!
Reply 3
You may want to look into Access courses but the first thing I suggest you do is find a course and email the university. See what they suggest. They'll probably be able to give you the best advice.

Latest

Trending

Trending