The Student Room Group

As Aqa Psychology Unit 2 Revision June 10th!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
goodnight everyone, happy failing to us all :smile:
I should head to bed but I'm not tired, going to re-read random chapters then head off. Good luck everyone, I look forward to the horror stories tomorrow. :P:
what are the chances of the 10 marker or 12 marker being on workplace stresses because virtually know nothing about it? i know what causes it and the study to male and females at work but thats it.
come on guys lets think positive and just try your best i am sure people ain't gonna do as bad as they say will because tbh most of the time people are like ..... that test weren't bad... sos if you believe you can pass then there is no reason you can't :smile:

Good luck
Reply 184
last minute tips guyss :smile:
if you forget evaluative points for studies and genuinley can't think of anything, use the methodology of the study as an evaluative point. it's better than nothing. like some studies use other studies as evaluative points and remembering all those names can get sticky haha
another evaluative point is practical applications you could also use ethics

my $0.02 :wink:

good luck everyonee :smile:
Reply 185
naes aren't actually hugely important. my teachers told me that if the studies aren't massively important (ie Millgram, Asch etc), then you don't actually get marked down at all.

i've finally finished annotating notes. thank you to everybody, as you're pretty much all indirectly helpful :tongue:

goodnight and good luck!!!
safwaansh
what are the chances of the 10 marker or 12 marker being on workplace stresses because virtually know nothing about it? i know what causes it and the study to male and females at work but thats it.

unlikely because it came up in the january paper as a 6mark question :smile: these are the other things that came up, its earlier in this thread but :p:

Jan 2010 Unit 2
Biological:
Outline the main features of the pituitary-adrenal system
Stress/wound healing
Analysing a graph
Personality factors effecting stress response
Stress in the workplace (6 marks)

Social:
Internalisation/compliance
Analysing a graph
Strengths of a lab study
Locus of control/who is more likely to resist pressure to conform
Social influence research in social change (6 marks)

Individual differences:
(12 mark) 'Discuss two or more definitions of abnormality'
Outline two psychological approaches to psychopathology
Systematic desensitization
*sighs*.fml..just went from studying the preferred spec B to A in February, and it's soo difficult, abnormalities is a killer..especially DSV-10 or something like that as a treatment..and social..i think im just going to start preparing over the summer for a re-sit
Good luck everyone!
G'Luck everyone!
Reply 190
1 hour left good luck lads and ladies
im dead :frown:
So...opinions?
Reply 193
it wasn't that bad :smile:
but I really WASN'T expecting the 12 marker to be on stress and immune system when I saw it was like :eek3: but luckily i remembered kielgot glaser et al study. i kind of struggled on the second study and forgot the name, but i managed to outline it and evaluate it. I realised after the exam it was cohen et al. do you think I'll loose marks because I didn't mention his name? :confused:
I was REALLY expecting the 12 marker to be on life changes or hardiness+ SIT. thats too many times in a row it hasnt appeared. :|

I also struggled on the type A stuff and the CBT on the last page but luckily it wasnt worth much.

the 8 marker on normative + informational social influene was EASAYYY :woo: as well as the abnormalities section and milgram stuff :cool: I think I did quite well :biggrin:
Happilyme
it wasn't that bad :smile:
but I really WASN'T expecting the 12 marker to be on stress and immune system when I saw it was like :eek3: but luckily i remembered kielgot glaser et al study. i kind of struggled on the second study and forgot the name, but i managed to outline it and evaluate it. I realised after the exam it was cohel et al. do you think I'll loose marks because I didn't mention his name? :confused:

I also struggled on the type A stuff and the CBT on the last page but luckily it wasnt worth much.

the 8 marker on normative + informational social influene was EASAYYY :woo: as well as the abnormalities section. :cool: I think I did quite well :biggrin:

Really? we all HATED that eight marker!
We didn't have a clue what to say to evaluate normative/informative etc...we've never been taught that :|
Happilyme

the 8 marker on normative + informational social influene was EASAYYY :woo: as well as the abnormalities section and milgram stuff :cool: I think I did quite well :biggrin:

Are you sure!?!? I swear it said conformity influence into social change... i put the conformity explanations for social change??
So i put stuff like minorities into majority etc... :s-smilie:

Edit: Oh wait i think you're talking about a different question - im talking about the smoking one?

For the question you're on about i talked about role of allies, ambiguous tasks, size of majority... didnt really mention normative/informational.
Reply 196
Yeh Kristiipop, everyone was like whatttt?

I didnt put anything about Normative and Social influence...dont know if i had to. I put the Moscovici study and that consistency is the key and stuff like group size. I'm glad though could do the AO2 part.
Reply 197
TheRustaman
Are you sure!?!? I swear it said conformity influence into social change... i put the conformity explanations for social change??
So i put stuff like minorities into majority etc... :s-smilie:

that was the 4 mark question, wasn't it? social change was to do with the smoking ban.

the 8 mark question was to outline and evaluate conformity.

the 12 mark question was best possible scenario for me :woo: so happy. though i talked about Brady and the Alzheimers study (forgot the name).

all in all, i actualy knew the answers. i'm ecstatic :tongue: i think i may have revised too much though.
Reply 198
Well that was alright.

I was very pleased with the 12 mark question. Couldn't have asked for a better one.

The one on smoking was kinda hard I thought, but we had a similar one in Jan so I at least knew where I went wrong the first time.

Wasn't too keen on the 8 mark on types of conformity.. I thought at first compliance and internalisation, but then I thought that may be a bit too obvious as it was mentioned just before, so I did a small intro on that then talked about minority influence/majority influence. Hope that one was okay.
haithere
Well that was alright.

I was very pleased with the 12 mark question. Couldn't have asked for a better one.

The one on smoking was kinda hard I thought, but we had a similar one in Jan so I at least knew where I went wrong the first time.

Wasn't too keen on the 8 mark on types of conformity.. I thought at first compliance and internalisation, but then I thought that may be a bit too obvious as it was mentioned just before, so I did a small intro on that then talked about minority influence/majority influence. Hope that one was okay.

yeh same, the 12 mark was so good!
for the 8mark one i did the same as you, mainly talked about minority/majority influence studies, and reading everyones made me panic!

But i think that that went ok :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending