The Student Room Group

As Aqa Psychology Unit 2 Revision June 10th!!!

comment A.S.A.P for those who it applies to :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sitting this for the third time, what do you reckon the 12 mark question will be?
tbh i don't this is my first time and i haven't been through any past papers yet so i dunno :/ and how come you are retaking?
Reply 3
first time and ******** it. i hate abnormality so much
Reply 4
I hope it's not to do with the treatments of schizophrenia and the like... That'd be nasty. :frown:
Then again, I don't know stress coping strategy things very well. :/
Also my first time, not looking forward to it need to do INTENSE revision session tomorrow now that I have a free day of exams.
Reply 6
psyc is easy as long as you read the question properly and just back up everything you say with a psychologist... you don't really have to learn all case studies either as long as you know a select few that can be applied to each area
Oooh, tomorrow afternoon onwards i am going to conc fully on this!

I think Social is the hardest tbh, so I'll conc mostly on that, though I'm not looking forward to all the core studies on stress, though I suppose we dont have to know them all that well!
OMG. I am like so fretting :/ i dont know what i'm going to do but i think im just going to learn everything off by heart the night before, i aint done any past papers yet, but my teacher has helped us construct most the essays that could come up in the long answers, which comes in handy :smile:
x
ChocolateBiscuits
OMG. I am like so fretting :/ i dont know what i'm going to do but i think im just going to learn everything off by heart the night before, i aint done any past papers yet, but my teacher has helped us construct most the essays that could come up in the long answers, which comes in handy :smile:
x

aww why the night before, is that the way you work or hvae you got loads of other exams? If you have time try to do it as some parts cant be learnt quickly imo!

Essays like that do really help! The 12 mark on january was 'Discuss two or more definitions of abnormality'. Normally I would say that probably means the 12 marker this time round will be different but then for psya1 the jan one was on research into privation, and the june was research into institutionalisation, which were similar so yeah, just gotta practice everything! Though I wouldnt mind if that same question came up again, Its a pretty good one to answer :smile:
i haven't even started revising for this yet :/ i have all my notes done for it all i just need to do is know them off by heart but there are so many notes :/ and i need to do past papers so tomorrow and thursday is gonna be hardcore revision
Reply 11
how are you guys revising?
I dunno if i'm the only one but i find it hard to learn by breaking things down and using flashcards ect.
It has to be essays or else my brain thinks everything is disorganised and wont take any of the information in! haha
like for this test, I did a 12 marker essay for each section and I think I'm pretty set.
I hope the 12 marker will be on social.
Does anyone know where I can revise for the cognitive approach? I missed the last lesson and that's when the teacher gave out notes on that.
Argh :| This is my second time doing the exam, So I'm hoping I do well this time!
Reply 13
I hate unit 2 with a passion! I've never understood it.
This is my second time taking it and I'm not feeling at all confident.
Reply 14
Does anyone know which studies are most liely to come up on section B?
Hey, does anyone know where to find the Unit 2 Januray 2010 AQA paper please? I've already looked on the AQA website but it only goes up to 2009.
Thank you.
Reply 16
I love abnormality :biggrin: Hate Conformity with a passion

If anyone knows off their head, what were the big mark essays in 09 and Jan?

I think Jan 10 was about definitions of abnormality so definately that won't come up major now
I just want to rule out which 12 marks we PROBABLY won't get :P
I love abnormality, but hatttteeeee stress and social influence :mad:
No well I don't hate them, it's just not as interesting
And for stress and social there are soooo many studies to learn! I want to cry! What are the main ones people are learning? For stress I'm thinking know little ones like cohen 1993, cobb and rose, friedman and rodenman and a couple of others maybe. I will learn kiecolt- glaser like the back of my hand, and then a couple of other little ones, and i need to learn rahe and johansson and marmot i really don't want to learn

and for social obviously asch, ,milgram and ... okay my mind is blank i cant think of more :nothing:

what studies are a MUST know?
sitting the exam on thursday....gonna learn the entire unit tomorrow :biggrin:
Reply 19
My teacher has noticed Minority Influence hasn't come up on the last three papers, and they may surprise us with that as the 12 marker?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending