The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

the final question about dogs and algae was: first one was 'ammonia', the secind one was 'nitrifying bacteria'. But i flopped the final bit about algau bloom, what is algae bloom anyway?
Reply 41
I though the algae boom question was only one mark?!
All I put is it's when algae cover increases and covers the surface of the water...

then in the one about animals, that's when you talk about eutrophication yes?
Charliee :)
false alarm people, I did the algae question right after your responses :smile:

What did everyone put for the natural disasters question ?

I put about damaged water supplies. and electrical failures allowed bacteria to reproduce when fridges/freezers failed. my revision guide also talks about transport systems collapsing as an option :smile:
Btw for the xylem vessel question

I put it has a lumen and is made of living cells- would i get a mark for the living cells bit?
Reply 44
stealth_writer
Btw for the xylem vessel question

I put it has a lumen and is made of living cells- would i get a mark for the living cells bit?

Isn't a xylem dead cells??
Doughnut
Isn't a xylem dead cells??

Ye its wrong but would i still get the mark for mentioning the lumen bit?

ANychance that anyone can give a possible answers thread to as many questions as possible please??????????
Ah, that one (the natural disaster question).. I basically wrote the same point twice, I'd be very surprised if I got the marks.

It made me laugh when we came out of the exam. My biology teacher was walking down the corridor and shouted, "How was it?!!"
As there was an A-Level maths exam still going on, this invigilator bloke went, "Errr, quieetttt!"
Miss just carried on walking and went, "Cor, such a grumpy old man.." totally oblivious to the fact that she was standing right next to him.. :L
I love my biology teacher
Reply 47
TattyBoJangles
I almost put protozoa, too. Somehow I remembered at the last minute, because I'd glanced at it right before I went into the exam and remembered saying to my friend, "Right.. so protozoa is dysentery?"
I swear, half of my marks come from random scenarios :L

Ooh, really? Get in :biggrin:

what was the answer then? :biggrin: i bloody put down dysentry :mad: :mad:
fluteflute
I put about damaged water supplies. and electrical failures allowed bacteria to reproduce when fridges/freezers failed. my revision guide also talks about transport systems collapsing as an option :smile:

I put the same as you :smile:
anando

Vibrio cholerae ;D

How I remembered it, I do not know.
Charliee :)
false alarm people, I did the algae question right after your responses :smile:

What did everyone put for the natural disasters question ?

*damage to near by water supples >> unclean water >> spread disease

*crowded conditions cause diseases to spread easily

you?
Reply 51
anando

Vibrio bacteria
anando

Vibrio cholerae. Got it wrong myself...
Reply 53
fluteflute
I put double because the heart has two seperate parts, I suspect as long as you justified it they will give you the mark for that.
For mechanical kidneys I put current technology means they would be far too big to be enclosed in the body.
How about you?

yep i put double too, but wasn't sure if it was right as people talking about it afterwards seemed to have done 50 50 xD
yep i put something similar to that, i just said that its impossible to replicate the function of a dialysis machine inside the body and then rambled on, i can't believe i wrote practically a paragraph for a 1 mark question xD
Ilyas

you?

Ah, actually ,that's what I put. Let's hope we're both right :biggrin:
Reply 55
for the xylem one i put down made from dead parts. will i get a mark? i don't think so....but....still....
Ilyas

you?

Basically the same as you, which is right I think (Y)
what did you guys right for the breathing question? i got 3.3, i know im wrong! but marks for working out?
Ilyas
what did you guys right for the breathing question? i got 3.3, i know im wrong! but marks for working out?

Is that the one about 'how many times bigger is...'?
I think I got 6, but some other people seem to have got obscure numbers like 4.2
Reply 59
Ilyas

I got 3. i put 3.6 - 0.6 which was 3 times

Latest

Trending

Trending