The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Maths Calculator Paper 11th June 2010

Scroll to see replies

vedderfan94
It was 1/2x and you only needed to put the gradient not the y intercept.

damm i put the y intercept too.. will i still get the mark?
wat did everyone get for second last qeus? where it said wat is the value for tanx ?
doloroushazy
i got -a + b. apparently that's wrong though aha

No that's correct. You could have either -a + b or b - a as they're both the same.
Reply 83
EternalDoom
lol feel like ive failed even more questions now in this paper. Oh well, i know i did really well on the 6 markers on the first paper tho, and i reckon i still did okayish on this calculator paper.

Yeah same but if we did good on 1st paper we should get C overall, and I have C and B so a C or D should do it for me to get C overall:smile:
vedderfan94
It WAS on the formula sheet. I realized after 10 minutes of staring at the question.

Oh sorry, I did all the past papers and it was never on there- thought the formula sheet was identical each year. They must have been feeling nice this year!!
vedderfan94
No that's correct. You could have either -a + b or b - a as they're both the same.

wat did u get for second last qeus? where it said wat is the value for tan x?
If say you had 2 A*s from Module 1 and 3, and get an high A for Module 5, would ur overall be A* ?
tan x = 17/6 = 2.83
Reply 88
Damn I thought it was tan 45=1, looks like a lot of people got it wrong then
dacads
Damn I thought it was tan 45=1, looks like a lot of people got it wrong then

i put 1 too
Reply 90
For tan x I put 70.56 assuming they'd just worded the question incorrectly, but I think they were actually asking for the tan value, not the x value, so 17/6 was 2.833, but the x value was 70.56
Reply 91
I found the paper extremely easy, especially compared to paper 1.
The only question I couldn't do was the Trapezium one, I can't do "Show that =0" questions.
I think I got about 50 marks out of the 70.

BTW, was the equation of the perpendicular line y=-4x-1?
Reply 92
no the scale wasn't identical for x and y axis

By the way i completely messed up the last question by dividing opposite and hypotenuse instead of opposite and adjacent.(For the tangent in the first part). How many if any follow on marks could i get?
Can someone please answer my question? :frown:

If say you had 2 A*s from Module 1 and 3, and get an high A for Module 5, would ur overall be A* ?
Reply 94
EternalDoom

what were your scores.. i can work it out for you

/162 mod 3

/108 - mod 1
Reply 95
EternalDoom

My teacher says for the UMS Mod 1 and 3 and 5 all equall to 600. Mod 5 is worth 360 UMS. I am on an A and to keep and A grade he said I had to get around 50 - 60 % in both tests.

Thinks that what he said anyway
Reply 96
EternalDoom

Use this link: http://mathsduck.co.uk/modcalc/
Reply 97
EternalDoom

If the A*s were mid-to-high A*s, then probably yeah.
EternalDoom

Go to down to the grading and awarding section and you can find out what grade you're gonna get

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-4307-W-SP-09.PDF
Reply 99
EternalDoom

Depends on how high your A*s were have a look on www.mathsduck.com and click on the module calculator enter your results and it will tell you. I am in simular position im on A* and i think i got about 43/70 for the first paper did awfull but this one im pretty sure igot 65/70 and hopefully with the grade boundaires lowered on the first one it should give me my A* :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending