The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Music music and more music... hopefully film studies and studying culture electives as well
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 41
Media practice and theory. I aquired sky movie channels in the summer.

Brep
Hey people, I'm gonna be doing Internet Computing, I'm sure there must be some others around here.
brandedbyfire
Hey people, I'm gonna be doing Internet Computing, I'm sure there must be some others around here.

Cool - I'm doing Artificial Intelligence so we share most of the modules in the first year (Intro to Programming, Intro to A.I, Software Design etc...). Probably see you around.
Reply 44
there's nobody doing languages? i'm in 2nd year of french german and contemporary european studies. last year was bloody overrun with psych students! everyone you asked did it!
ktr18
there's nobody doing languages? i'm in 2nd year of french german and contemporary european studies. last year was bloody overrun with psych students! everyone you asked did it!

I heard this crazy statistic that 1 in 12 students on campus does psychology.
Reply 46
not even joking thats probably true. ridiculous! two of my flatmates do it, and loads do politics and IR too.
Reply 47
Hi,

I'll be reading Politics and Philosophy (or the other way around).
Reply 48
Computer Science Bsc (2nd Year) here! Can't wait to get started :biggrin:
i just finished my first year in social psych. just wait until you get there, pretty much everyone you ask either studies psych, english, or development studies! (mostly psych though!) it really is a huge department. my one piece of advice for new psych students, if you have to do electives, dont even bother taking the form home. fill it out in the office and hand it back (on the first day that you can). the electives fill up really really quickly and if youre as lazy/disorganized as i am, youll end up getting some super ****** class that has absolutely nothing to do with psychology! consider yourself lucky if you dont have to take any.....
BSc Ecology and Conservation for me.
politics and philosophy!cant wait! suppose i'll b seening u around MC1R!
Reply 52
girlieariane
politics and philosophy!cant wait! suppose i'll b seening u around MC1R!

I look forward to it. Any idea about which options you're going to take?
no idea! thought i prob choose wut i think i have more knowledge in but don't know if that'll be much use! what about you?
I am doing Law.
French and Linguistics. I'm gutted i can't do electives though, they sound like so much fun!
Reply 56
Im doing history-but got this list of other subjects to choose from once i had got my grades, such as anthroplogy. Is anyone else doing history?
purple_haze
French and Linguistics. I'm gutted i can't do electives though, they sound like so much fun!

A fellow Linguist!

I'm doing English Language & Linguistics, so I'm sure I'll see you in lectures, certainly for the first year at least.
dogtanian
A fellow Linguist!

I'm doing English Language & Linguistics, so I'm sure I'll see you in lectures, certainly for the first year at least.

Wahey! There seems to be hardly anybody doing languages and stuff. Unless they're all just internet shy. :dontknow:
purple_haze
Wahey! There seems to be hardly anybody doing languages and stuff. Unless they're all just internet shy. :dontknow:

My teacher wouldn't let me do German A Level (despite my A at GCSE) because I was so bloody awful at handing work in. I do love German, I should really brush up on it.

MFLs aren't so popular, and nor are Linguistics and EngLang particularly, but equally there are at most twenty regular posters in this forum. So I'm not so suprised at the lack of Linguists here..

Latest

Trending

Trending