The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
Markh1000
So did i! :biggrin:

Yeah, every little helps!

Did you carry it onto year 13? What were your other subjects? Mines bio chem and physics. I got the other A in biology, will it look bad that I didn't get an A in chem?
Reply 1121
addi187
Does the fact that i got QR 740, DA 640, AR 590 and VR 540 make a difference? Because I thought Leicester looks at them separately.

For Leicester UKCAT is scored out of 5:
Along the lines of:
All scores above 700 = 5/5
All Scores above 600 = 4/5
All Scores above 500 =3/5
All Scores above 400=2/5

So you would score 3/5...then there is 15 other marks for personal statement, acedemics and reference...
Reply 1122
ok....I need some advice

Gcse...3A*S 5As 2Bs.....A*s in chem physics geo....As in maths,bio,english lang and lit, business studies

A2 predicted grades AAA

work exp
care home 2weeks
pharmacay 2weeks

Ukcat to be sat....i will sit my ukcat before ucas deadline...say i get a **** mark...should i jus change my course i want to apply to....ive done 2 personal statements one for medicine and one for engineering...

and lots of other intrests and hobbies..etc

where should I apply??? do i stand a chance in london unis

cheers!
I really want to do medicine, Iv just sorted out my work experience and ukcat test which im really confident about as i got 700 in a practice one.
My AS grades were:

Sociology -A
Biology - B
Chemistry - c
Physics - C

Hopefully my predictions are : AAB in sociology, biology and chem. in that order.

Im retaking physics AS too so hopefully move to a B.

Any universities that only look at predicted grades and dont specify an A in chemistry?
Dear reader

I am too in you position, but how i look at it is that if you really want to do it then never give up even if u get 4 U's DO NOT GIVE UP keep trying, you don't want to end up doing something you dislike.

I also have REALLY BAD GCSE's but i wont give up!

Salam
Hello :smile:

I got 4As for my As levels but I wanted to know if my UMS marks are good enough for applying for medicine ar Imperial College London (medicine course).

Maths:A(261/300)

C1: 94/100
C2: 98/100
M1: 69/100

Chemistry: A(290/300)

CHEM1: 98/100
CHEM2: 138/140
CHM3X:54/60

BIOLOGY: A(258/300)

BIOL1: 74/100
BIOL2: 130/140
BIO3X: 54/60

PHYSICS: A(257/300)

PHYA1: 94/120
PHYA2: 116/120
PHY3X: 47/60

Also I would like to know whether I should retake M1 in which I got a C (69/100) even though I got an A overall in maths.

Reply 1126
probably. by the way why did everyone find m1 so hard. I got 96/100 on it. overall i have 281/300
Lol some of my friends did really well at m1 while some didnt. Its just that I never got the hang of M1, which is why I'll be doing S1 this year. Btw which exam board did you do?
Blackshadow
Hello :smile:

I got 4As for my As levels but I wanted to know if my UMS marks are good enough for applying for medicine ar Imperial College London (medicine course).

Maths:A(261/300)

C1: 94/100
C2: 98/100
M1: 69/100

Chemistry: A(290/300)

CHEM1: 98/100
CHEM2: 138/140
CHM3X:54/60

BIOLOGY: A(258/300)

BIOL1: 74/100
BIOL2: 130/140
BIO3X: 54/60

PHYSICS: A(257/300)

PHYA1: 94/120
PHYA2: 116/120
PHY3X: 47/60

Also I would like to know whether I should retake M1 in which I got a C (69/100) even though I got an A overall in maths.

You don't even show individual module scores for medicine at Imperial, so I wouldn't worry about it. Even so, your module scores look good :smile:
Adam9
probably. by the way why did everyone find m1 so hard. I got 96/100 on it. overall i have 281/300

good for you.

@OP: There was no point mentioning the UMS scores but as long as you have AAA+ predictions and a B in your 4th AS, you can apply to Imperial.
Reply 1130
do med schools look at UMS marks and each specific module or the overall grades?
I got 3 AAAC at AS in maths, chem, phys and french, respectively. Il be dropping french and only doing the other three for A2. However, i have just scraped As for physics and chem.. (243/300 and 248/300) Whereas i am on my way to the A* in maths with 285/300. Will this matter? or will they just look at it as AAA. Thanks!
Reply 1131
ramzy91
For Leicester UKCAT is scored out of 5:
Along the lines of:
All scores above 700 = 5/5
All Scores above 600 = 4/5
All Scores above 500 =3/5
All Scores above 400=2/5

So you would score 3/5...then there is 15 other marks for personal statement, acedemics and reference...

They now mark it out of 10:
All scores above 700 = 10/10
All Scores above 650 = 9/10
All Scores above 600 = 8/10
All Scores above 550 = 7/10
All Scores above 500 = 6/10

Look at page 2 on here: http://www.le.ac.uk/sm/le/docs/Admissions%20Update.pdf

The cut off for interview is 26/30, 10 coming from PS, 10 if you have AAA predictions and 3 A* GCSEs. This means the OP must have full marks in both these sections to even get to interview, if he drops one mark he will get rejected, therefore I don't think it's wise to apply there.
gildartz
good for you.

@OP: There was no point mentioning the UMS scores but as long as you have AAA+ predictions and a B in your 4th AS, you can apply to Imperial.

Why were you asking about my History AS the other day? Just wondering...
Hi, I'm going into year 11 in september and I've decided to pick A level subjects so that I can do medicine at uni :smile:

Yes, I know you need mountains of work experience/volunteering, I have already joined St Vincent de Paul group volunteering helping disbaled children, visiting elderly people and doing work in disadvantaged areas.

I'm not a very sporty person, no DofE gold silver platinum (yes i know theres no plat :rolleyes: ) and I haven't played the piano at the royal albert hall but I am a very intelligent person with fantastic grades, would they accept someone like me?

My 16th birthday is coming up very soon, should I start looking for work experience to decor my ucas/ps when I am 16 (will have 2 years until i apply for uni)? My mum works at the local hospital so I could get a long term weekend job down there and do extra voluntery/work exp over the holidays but I'm not sure they'd be too keen letting a 16 year old around them

wat do :eek3:
laurencebaker1
Why were you asking about my History AS the other day? Just wondering...

Damn, I was meant to reply
Reply 1135
I would rep everyone who replied to this thread, but I'm not Chuck Norris.

And yep, get some good experience, work on PS and interview and no reason you won't get in.
SoaringStar
Hi, I'm going into year 11 in september and I've decided to pick A level subjects so that I can do medicine at uni :smile:

Yes, I know you need mountains of work experience/volunteering, I have already joined St Vincent de Paul group volunteering helping disbaled children, visiting elderly people and doing work in disadvantaged areas.

I'm not a very sporty person, no DofE gold silver platinum (yes i know theres no plat :rolleyes: ) and I haven't played the piano at the royal albert hall but I am a very intelligent person with fantastic grades, would they accept someone like me?

My 16th birthday is coming up very soon, should I start looking for work experience to decor my ucas/ps when I am 16 (will have 2 years until i apply for uni)? My mum works at the local hospital so I could get a long term weekend job down there and do extra voluntery/work exp over the holidays but I'm not sure they'd be too keen letting a 16 year old around them

wat do :eek3:

No one's really going to know the answer to your question. Grades and admissions test scores also count.

BTW, loads of people applying to medicine are very intelligent with fantastic grades. Make yourself stand out...somehow....
Yes you are.
Reply 1138
Elwyn
They now mark it out of 10:
All scores above 700 = 10/10
All Scores above 650 = 9/10
All Scores above 600 = 8/10
All Scores above 550 = 7/10
All Scores above 500 = 6/10

Look at page 2 on here: http://www.le.ac.uk/sm/le/docs/Admissions%20Update.pdf

The cut off for interview is 26/30, 10 coming from PS, 10 if you have AAA predictions and 3 A* GCSEs. This means the OP must have full marks in both these sections to even get to interview, if he drops one mark he will get rejected, therefore I don't think it's wise to apply there.

How do you know its 26/30?

It says a score hasnt been established yet.
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
No one's really going to know the answer to your question. Grades and admissions test scores also count.

BTW, loads of people applying to medicine are very intelligent with fantastic grades. Make yourself stand out...somehow....

I agree

Latest

Trending

Trending