The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
vnupe
What's with all the contempt? Is it jealousy? Is it feelings of inadequacy? What is it, I would generally like to understand it? It seems if anyone mentions anything American on here, people try and pile on in denigrating it... it doesn't happen to Canada, Australia, nor France even... why the USA?

Did you write the title to this thread? Are you American?

You meant to say Americans' meaning the posession of more than one American.

You said American's which is the posession of one american (non plural)

Get it right and stop letting your nation down, because this is just one example of why we hate you.
Reply 21
vnupe
What's with all the contempt? Is it jealousy? Is it feelings of inadequacy? What is it, I would generally like to understand it? It seems if anyone mentions anything American on here, people try and pile on in denigrating it... it doesn't happen to Canada, Australia, nor France even... why the USA?

It's because you feel the need to add apostrophes in plurals, as in your title.

We don't hate you, especially considering you were once British. You are like our cousin, or our son who left home and went off to do his own thing.
Because they are optimistic and greedy.
Reply 23
vnupe

How have you learned from your mistakes? The other nations broke away from the high taxes and tyranny of the former British Empire, you didn't relinquish them out of the goodness of your hearts.

lol.. it seems that Britain's high taxes were not enough to make people hate Britain more than the US. Somewhere in the game the US obvs went wrong if they are evidently hated more than the British.
I WONDER WHY.. maybe its because of the stupidity of most of the American public.
Reply 24
khaa9666
complete drivel, go back to school.

I am for the fourth time for my fourth degree... your point being?

Also to whom it may concern:

And I think I know who it is, to the mealy mouth spineless person that neg reps due to retribution for not having a valid argument, please crawl back under the rock from whence you came... Adults discuss, even argue points, but they do it in the light of day.

Childer snipe and backbite then scurry away without leaving their name... I suspect whoever negged me is of the latter... this is directed at you dannylj at least have the cojones to sign your name to the rep...
Reply 25
G8D
America is nice to visit.
I can't imagine living there would be very good though.
And a large proportion of Americans I've met have been ******* idiots.

pot calling the kettle and proving my point
Reply 26
ballsack
Did you write the title to this thread? Are you American?

You meant to say Americans' meaning the posession of more than one American.

You said American's which is the posession of one american (non plural)

Get it right and stop letting your nation down, because this is just one example of why we hate you.

Yes I had a typo, I own up to that, I do not see how this is letting the US side down. You hate because you (specifically) feel inferior, there could be no other explanation... You lash out for silly reasons and paint all with the same brush... please enlighten me as to why you hate the US and its citizens...
because they assume they are liked, and the worlds centerpiece

I passively hate the French, but actively hate Americans
Reply 28
Broderss
It's because you feel the need to add apostrophes in plurals, as in your title.

We don't hate you, especially considering you were once British. You are like our cousin, or our son who left home and went off to do his own thing.

Indeed the 'son' that has now overtaken and surpassed his 'father'... is that the cause of the animus?
vnupe

My point exactly
Reply 30
aprilterri
Its not really hate its just honesty. We love to be brutally honest over here. We are in no ways jealous or inadequate matey and I think that you are just realising how the rest of the world sees America.
If you were to objectively (impossibe for you cus you're american) look at the usa and the whole culture, politics attitude of the country you'd understand. Whenever I'm in the states I notice that you seem to 'big up' your country so much and you are all kind of brainwashed into thinking that you're country is the greatest (more then other countries). Not only is it just weird, it means that a lot of you are ignorant (i mean no offence here this is just my humble opinion but you are ignorant in different way then most of us) and say and do the most crazy and stupid things. As an outsider it is just bizzare. Basically what I am saying is that we as a nation love to cirtique. We critique ourselves and not just America. It stems from that kind of culture, being objective and from America never failing to give us something to moan about.

And I say fair enough, but hold up a mirror so you can see your reflection...
Reply 31
Flying Scotsman
Because they are optimistic and greedy.

what's wrong with being optimistic? greed is not just an American quality...
Reply 32
failingatm
lol.. it seems that Britain's high taxes were not enough to make people hate Britain more than the US. Somewhere in the game the US obvs went wrong if they are evidently hated more than the British.
I WONDER WHY.. maybe its because of the stupidity of most of the American public.

Again I hold up that mirror... SMH
Reply 33
vnupe
Yes I had a typo, I own up to that, I do not see how this is letting the US side down. You hate because you (specifically) feel inferior, there could be no other explanation... You lash out for silly reasons and paint all with the same brush... please enlighten me as to why you hate the US and its citizens...

If you think there could be no other explanation then anything i say will probably make no difference in convincing you otherwise.

Your closed-mindedness and arrogance is what incites hate. You won't accept this as a valid reason because you are closed-minded and arrogant.
Reply 34
Americans always think they've got the nuts but they're really just the donkey at the table.
Reply 35
vnupe

I've seen no evidence of this.
Reply 36
G8D
wat

He's calling you a kettle. :giggle:
Reply 37
TSR is a UK website, therefore as a matter of pride in and support for our country we have to bang on about the yanks :wink:
Reply 38
WrigglyMammoth
because they assume they are liked, and the worlds centerpiece

I passively hate the French, but actively hate Americans

Do the British not think they are the centerpiece and lynchpin of Europe? Do the British secretly (or not so secretly) wish they still were a world power and relevant on the world stage instead of being a part of a collective of European nations that are relatively powerful on the world stage? Be honest...
Hey I do not hate the UK, far from it, if I did, I would not be emigrating back, but this sycophantic dislike of the UK seems quite odd to me, one who was in recent years seen as an ally has become so hated... for which no one can give me a bonafied reason, just invective and conjecture
Reply 39
vnupe
Again I hold up that mirror... SMH

LOL nice comeback.... I think it's safe to say Britain has won this one. :borat:

Latest

Trending

Trending