The Student Room Group

My Lighter Just Spontaneously Combusted o.O

Okay, so I have a cheap disposable lighter that I keep in my coat pocket in case of emergencies (read: hot girl needing a light :biggrin: ). I smoke pipes and cigars so I use matches usually. My lighter is (or rather was) modified to make the flame more exposed (so I can keep it on minimal fluid use and still have the same effect as maximal use) - I took off the metal guard around the flame, I don't know if this is a factor. Anyway, I lit my pipe using the lighter and put it back down on the desk without the flame on, five seconds later the upper part of the plastic just starts melting away and an inch long flame started spouting out of the side. I managed to put it out quickly but about 60% of the lighter including several metal components is now a puddle on my desk. My question: W . . . T . . . F? :eek:

Scroll to see replies

I have no idea. That sounds insanely awesome to watch though. I honestly have no idea what the metal thing does either apart from protecting the nozzle thing perhaps. Im gonna watch my lighters now and see if one of them blows up.
looool i have no idea what happened but why do u care?? i get lighters 8 for a pound at the market :wink:
Reply 3
cool stuff
Reply 4
The universe is telling you not to smoke?
cool story bro
Reply 6
It's a sign that you are the one...?
good one:smile:
Reply 8
You're 21 and you smoke a pipe???
Reply 9
issih
looool i have no idea what happened but why do u care?? i get lighters 8 for a pound at the market :wink:

Always knew you were cheap
Reply 10
You tampered with it...
Reply 11
issih

probably cos the next time it happens could be when its in his pocket lol.

lets hope not :smile:
Same thing happened with me! When I threw it against the wall as hard as I could.. it just exploded.

Weird spontaneous stuff
its a good thing you didnt put this in your pocket straight after, next to your little friend ... he wouldn't be your little friend any longer.
Reply 14
cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Reply 15
It was probably quantum physics.
Reply 16
Eccentric

You get 14 year olds smoking pipes and shisha here. I know a girl who stuck it up her fanny once. :s-smilie: :eek3:

Disgusting, good thing she was hot though :tongue:
Eccentric

Pipes aren't just an old man thing. I'm 21 and occasionally smoke a pipe.

And sometimes the flame doesn't go out completely.
Reply 18
You might want to contact trading standards. It could potentially be dangerous.
Floopy
Always knew you were cheap

oii cheeky :hmmm:

Latest

Trending

Trending