The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL A2 G&P UNIT 3&4 Exam Structure???

Hey everyone I need help. I'm sitting unit 3 and 4 as a private candidate. Therefore I have no copies of any past papers. I don't know how these exams are structured and what marks are given for? Is it like Unit 1 where I can revise 2 topics and get away with it or is it more than that. Someone please provide me with the lay out and how it is going to be marked. An example of a past paper and mark scheme would be grateful as Edexcel don't allow you access to these! Many Thanks
Reply 1
for both unit 3 and 4 the exam structure is....

1hr 30 mins....
choose three 15 mark questions out of 5.
and one 45 marker out of 3.

therefore, its out of 90. its risky to revise just 2 per exam. however, coz im an idiot thats what im going to be doing. 2 solid topics, one slightly weaker nd the last one im not gna do at all. :smile:
Reply 2
With only revising 2 you are taking a serious risk, I would advise 3 at a minimum as you can probably get away with that.
Reply 3
Well im doing 2 nd a half in that ill be able to answer 3/4 ideologies for the short questions. nd 2/4 for the long questions. so 3/5 short q's nd 1/3 long q'd shud b fine. hopefulli :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Thanks, and how are marks allocated? What are marks based on? I'm not just revising 2, I just meant is it possible to not revise all like Unit 1. safe baddamannaaaa

Latest

Trending

Trending