- Politics (Edexcel)
- Psychology (AQA)
- History (Edexcel)
I am predicted an AABB respectively
I also did an EPQ last year and got an A

University:
I am planning on doing social work at university
My firm choice is University of Bath and insurance is University of West London
Both of the offers are BBC (112 UCAS points) - I know it's a bit pointless to have a firm and insurance choice have the same offers but Bath has always been my top choice and the offer was initially BBB and BBC was the lowest offer I got across all of them </3

Other info:
So, as I’ve mentioned previously, I am starting this as a way of keeping myself in check. Admittedly, I have not started revision as my school has been drowning us in work. I don’t even know if I can really start a good revision schedule at this point of time but I will be happy if I can do at least an hour a day.

I am open to any and all advice or if people simply want to talk! Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask ^^

Legend:
- Have not started yet/Didn’t do
- Completed
🌀 - Started but didn’t finish
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

- Monday, 4 March 2024 -

My first day of GYG!! ((:

School:
P1 - Psychology
P2 - Politics
P3 - History
P4 - Sociology
P5 - Study

Study Period To-Do:
🌀 Do my politics essay that's due on Wednesday
In the rest of the time, catch up on History (Civil Rights) notes

At home:
Do 1 slide of Politics (G) notes
Do 1 slide of Politics (S) notes
Make flashcards on Psychology - Social Influence

Still finding it difficult to revise atm as I actually don't have any resources so I might use to whole week to actually make revision resources and properly start it tomorrow
I also don't want to give too many tasks to myself at the beginning or I'll just feel overwhelmed so I'm keeping it slow for now and amp it up as time goes on

Reflection:
I forgot to bring my notes to actually do the politics question so I started making a loose plan instead which ended up taking the entire period (Idk why I thought I'd be able to do a 30 mark question and still have time left over to do other stuff).
I also didn't do like anything when I got home except get a bit further in my politics notes. This isn't that big a priority to me but I still wish I did it.
Also didn't make revision resources. For this I have no excuse, I just couldn't be asked.

Hopefully tomorrow is going to be a bit more successful, maybe I'll give myself less to do and ease myself doing more and more gradually. I'll add that I'm not a disciplined person AT ALL so this is quite difficult for me which is why I've started this, hopefully planning and reflecting on my days will help me somehow.
(edited 1 month ago)
- Tuesday, 5 March 2024 -

School:
P1 - Sociology
P2 - Psychology
P3 - PR
P4 - Politics
P5 - History

Study Period To-Do:
No study period today :frown:

At home:
Do the Politics essay due tomorrow
Do 1 slide of Politics (S) notes
Do 1 slide of History (S) notes
Make flashcards on Psychology - Social Influence

Reflection:
SIGHH, another unproductive day.. OH WELL
I'm glad I got my politics essay done, but that ended up taking all my time cause I was just procrastinating. I'm honestly surprised at the grades I've been getting cause I really don't do anything when I'm at home however I don't think I can rely on this when A-Levels roll around which is why I'm trying to motivate myself to actually do things when at home
Honestly, sometimes when I have a lot to do I get kinda frozen and end up doing nothing so hopefully now that I have my politics essay out of the way, I can focus on other things I need to get done.

Future To-Do's/Reminders:

Psychology 16 marker due on 08/03/24

Sociology exam (PP, just Beliefs) at some point next week or the week after (need to check on that)

(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by biggaymer420
Heyy!!
I’ve decided to start this thread as a way of myself accountable lol

About me:
I am currently in Year 13 and I do 4 A-Levels:
- Sociology (AQA)
- Politics (Edexcel)
- Psychology (AQA)
- History (Edexcel)

University:
Both of the offers are BBC (112 UCAS points) - I know it's a bit pointless to have a firm and insurance choice have the same offers but Bath has always been my top choice and the offer was initially BBB and BBC was the lowest offer I got across all of them </3

Other info:
So, as I’ve mentioned previously, I am starting this as a way of keeping myself in check. Admittedly, I have not started revision as my school has been drowning us in work. I don’t even know if I can really start a good revision schedule at this point of time but I will be happy if I can do at least an hour a day.

I am open to any and all advice or if people simply want to talk! Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask ^^

Legend:
- Completed
Hi and welcome to gyg. I dont even know how we have all managed to miss you on here but I shall tag them and assemble them to follow your journey along with me. Your predicted grades are amazing and well done on your A on your EPQ <3

@study23! @milktee @AspiringSurvivor @halfharry @kayleigh_t.27 @erin11 @wowzapollowza

I got bored, one you carry on lmaooo.
Reply 4
Heyy!!
About me:
- Sociology (AQA)
- Politics (Edexcel)
- Psychology (AQA)
- History (Edexcel)
University:
Other info:
Legend:
- Completed

WELCOMEE TO GYG your predicted grades are amazinggg omg, looking forward to your updates 🤍🤍
and ofc thanks again @Tatakae L for the tag <3
Original post by Tatakae L
Hi and welcome to gyg. I dont even know how we have all managed to miss you on here but I shall tag them and assemble them to follow your journey along with me. Your predicted grades are amazing and well done on your A on your EPQ <3

@study23! @milktee @AspiringSurvivor @halfharry @kayleigh_t.27 @erin11 @wowzapollowza

Thank you!! Love the Eren pfp btw ^^
Original post by milktee
WELCOMEE TO GYG your predicted grades are amazinggg omg, looking forward to your updates 🤍🤍
and ofc thanks again @Tatakae L for the tag <3
Thank youu :biggrin: Really like your Jiji pfp, love Kiki's Delivery Service <3
(edited 1 month ago)
Thank you!! Love the Eren pfp btw ^^
ahah thank youuu xx
Reply 8
Thank youu :biggrin: Really like your Jiji pfp, love Kiki's Delivery Service <3
THANK YOUUU and yes i loveee kikis delivery service, AND STUDIO GHIBLI OVERALL IS SO CUTE <33
Heyy!!

About me:
- Sociology (AQA)
- Politics (Edexcel)
- Psychology (AQA)
- History (Edexcel)

University:

Other info:

Legend:
- Completed
hiya i do psychology and sociology (both aqa!) what a coincidence! what are your optional topics for both subjects? :biggrin:
Original post by emm4nuella
hiya i do psychology and sociology (both aqa!) what a coincidence! what are your optional topics for both subjects? :biggrin:
Oh that's fun! Sociology I'm doing Families and Households and Beliefs in Society
Psychology I'm doing Gender, Schizophrenia and Forensic Psychology ^^
What about you??
Oh that's fun! Sociology I'm doing Families and Households and Beliefs in Society
Psychology I'm doing Gender, Schizophrenia and Forensic Psychology ^^
What about you??
i am doing the same for socio! for psychology, i'm doing relationships aggression and stress :smile:
Original post by emm4nuella
i am doing the same for socio! for psychology, i'm doing relationships aggression and stress :smile:
exciting! how have you/are you finding beliefs? i've been finding it quite difficult compared to other topics but that just might be that i did the others for gcses ;; i know that one bit about calvinism capitalism and weber went completely over my head
- Wednesday, 6 March 2024 - 72 days until first exam -

School:
P1 - Politics
P2 - History
P3 - Psychology
P4 - PR
P5 - Sociology

Study Period To-Do:

At home:
Plan Psychology 16 marker
Spend an hour doing Politics (G) notes
🌀 Make flashcards on Sociology - Beliefs (1/5) + revise them
Make flashcards on Psychology - Schizophrenia (1/5) + revise them
Revise flashcards History (P1) - The quest for political stability, 1625-88

Reflection:
Wow! I managed to complete 2 and a half tasks today! What a very productive day
But for real, I was doing really well right after school but then at around 6ish, I just lost momentum and got distracted but it's better than nothing. I think I need to just sit down and make revision resources so I can actually start revising them so that's what I'll be working on in the coming days.
(edited 1 month ago)
- Wednesday, 6 March 2024 - 72 days until first exam -

School:
P1 - Politics
P2 - History
P3 - Psychology
P4 - PR
P5 - Sociology

Study Period To-Do:

At home:
Plan Psychology 16 marker
Spend an hour doing Politics (G) notes
Make flashcards on Sociology - Beliefs (1/5) + revise them
Make flashcards on Psychology - Schizophrenia (1/5) + revise them
Revise flashcards History (P1) - The quest for political stability, 1625-88
good luck with everything todayyy <3
Original post by Tatakae L

HELLOOO. Greetings my fellow Yr 13 survivor.
I shall be following and supporting you too. I totaly agree with the school dumping tooo much work on us. I'm sick of it.
Here's my Gyg:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7446909&page=6

Also thanks @Tatakae L for the tag🫶💙
Original post by halfharry
HELLOOO. Greetings my fellow Yr 13 survivor.
I shall be following and supporting you too. I totaly agree with the school dumping tooo much work on us. I'm sick of it.
Here's my Gyg:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7446909&page=6

Also thanks @Tatakae L for the tag🫶💙
ofc my love, anytime <33333333333
- Thursday, 7 March 2024 - 71 days until first exam -

School:
P1 - Study Period
P2 - Sociology
P3 - Politics
P4 - History
P5 - Psychology

Study Period To-Do:
Write 16m Psychology - Schizophrenia
If I finish that and have time left over, I'll probably just continue Politics (G) notes

At home:
My school’s screening Barbie after school so I’ll be home quite late (6ish) so I won’t be able to get much done

Finish Politics (G) notes
🌀 Finish flashcards for Sociology - Beliefs

Reflection:
Barbie is so great, I definitely appreciated it more as it was my second time watching it.
Besides that, I managed to get my 16 marker done which is great cause I got home at around 6 but then had to go to my grandma's house and have dinner there so I basically had no time after that.
I continued the Sociology flashcards but I'll have to finish them another time.
It's the weekend soon so I'll hopefully do more work then.
(edited 1 month ago)
- Friday, 8 March 2024 - 70 days until first exam -

School:
P1 - History
P2 - Study Period
P3 - Sociology
P4 - Psychology
P5 - Politics

Study Period To-Do:

At home:
Me and my friends hang out every Friday after school and I usually get home at around 7ish so I also won’t be able to get much done

Finish Soc - Beliefs flashcards

Reflection:
I did not get ANYTHING done today and I'm not that upset about it
Instead of doing work during my free, me and my friends decided to think about what quotes to put in our yearbook,, it's a very American thing so we were not prepared for this and we have only a week to sumbit our quotes
After school, my friends and I finished the movie BASEketball which was pretty fun if you don't take it seriously and then when I got home I just was too tired to do anything
Since it's the weekend now, I'm gonna try and get more revision resources done
(edited 1 month ago)
- Friday, 8 March 2024 - 70 days until first exam -

School:
P1 - History
P2 - Study Period
P3 - Sociology
P4 - Psychology
P5 - Politics
Study Period To-Do:
At home:
Me and my friends hang out every Friday after school and I usually get home at around 7ish so I also won’t be able to get much done
Finish Soc - Beliefs flashcards
hope you have a nice time outsidee 🤍🤍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending