The Student Room Group

STEP II 2010 Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
How are people reading the pdf? On both Chrome and Firefox trying to open it almost freezes the browser, and then it says it's broken.
Gloone
How are people reading the pdf? On both Chrome and Firefox trying to open it almost freezes the browser, and then it says it's broken.

Same actually but I don't need it.
Reply 202
Gloone

That happened with me, I ended up opening it on ie i think..
tjagger1
That happened with me, I ended up opening it on ie i think..

I'd be shocked if that worked :mmm:
Small123
I'd be shocked if that worked :mmm:

I can only open pdf files on IE, not anything else. Mind you, I'm new to the whole world of firefox so I might not have enabled some setting or other...
foolsihboy
I can only open pdf files on IE, not anything else. Mind you, I'm new to the whole world of firefox so I might not have enabled some setting or other...

Fair enough but IE is always shockingly slow whenever I use it. The main reason I use Google Chrome is it's lightening fast speed!
Reply 206
Hah, I'd simply refused to try it in IE, but yes, that works. Disgustingly.
Gloone

I use Chrome, whenever I open a pdf file, it will be downloaded automatically then the foxit reader/adobe reader will open it
Reply 208
Another way to do STEP II, Q1, is to write a circle in a different way.
Let x=a+cosα, y=b+sinα, then dy/dxdy/dx=-cosα/sinα, d2y/dx2d^2y/dx^2=1/(rsin^3α)
And dy/dxdy/dx and d2y/dx2d^2y/dx^2 is easy to calculate by direct differentiation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending