The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

DJkG.1
Wait, are you attributing those characteristics to me?! :mmm:

I think it would be more apt if you applied those descriptors to yourself - and it also happens to explain your rejection.

Yes. And the majority of the people who have to endure your idiocy would whole heartedly agree :K:

Yeah you're right, i'm wholly sorry my deception skills are not on par with yours :smile:
Dude Where's My Username
[*]Or is your sense of National Identity so weak/diluted or just find the people in this country so damn deplorable that you'd illegally emmigrate to Poland* on the underside of a lorry to avoid National Service?

This.. I'd bring my family and friends, too.

Life's about more than flags and borders:biggrin:

I understand that whoever was invading would deserve a good kicking, but I wouldnt be stupid enough to put my neck on the line.
Reply 82
Lefty Leo
Yeah you're right, i'm wholly sorry my deception skills are not on par with yours :smile:

Yeah I mean Cambridge (and Oxford) academics are pretty dumb right, pretty each to deceive...

Hence why I could do it with such idiocy and poor abilities in arguing a point.

Oh no, wait. :rolleyes:
DJkG.1
Yeah I mean Cambridge (and Oxford) academics are pretty dumb right, pretty each to deceive...

Hence why I could do it with such idiocy and poor abilities in arguing a point.

Oh no, wait. :rolleyes:

I believe that's my point. Thankyou for finally arriving upon it.

Let me summarize, just incase. Considering the serious lack of anything original, intelligent or insightful you have ever said on these forums, i find it seriously surprising what how you could've pulled it out of your hat, during interview.

Is that clear enough? :cute:
Reply 84
Lefty Leo
I believe that's my point. Thankyou for finally arriving upon it.

Let me summarize, just incase. Considering the serious lack of anything original, intelligent or insightful you have ever said on these forums, i find it seriously surprising what how you could've pulled it out of your hat, during interview.

Is that clear enough? :cute:

Given your bigoted ranting on this site, I wouldn't be surprised if your interviews consisted of 45 minutes (or however long they are over there) of you shouting about the "evils of Islam and Muslims" and how they must be eradicated, heil a bit of Hitler... :erm:

Just going on the basis of your TSR account Lefty. :wink:
DJkG.1
Given your bigoted ranting on this site, I wouldn't be surprised if your interviews consisted of 45 minutes (or however long they are over there) of you shouting about the "evils of Islam and Muslims" and how they must be eradicated, heil a bit of Hitler... :erm:

Just going on the basis of your TSR account Lefty. :wink:

Lmao. See, statements like this are further examples of why i doubt the capability of your mental faculties.

I just don't understand it. Do you purposely try to misunderstand arguments? Do you not understand that the criticism of organized faith do not always go hand in hand with genocide? Or do you just prefer to live in your bubble of insecurity where whoever criticizes you wants to see you killed? Or maybe you just don't understand peoples arguments against Islam.

Either way, it just gives me more reason to question how you're even able to walk in a straight line, let alone type or eat without someone helping you.
Reply 86
Lefty Leo
Lmao. See, statements like this are further examples of why i doubt the capability of your mental faculties.

I just don't understand it. Do you purposely try to misunderstand arguments? Do you not understand that the criticism of organized faith do not always go hand in hand with genocide? Or do you just prefer to live in your bubble of insecurity where whoever criticizes you wants to see you killed? Or maybe you just don't understand peoples arguments against Islam.

Either way, it just gives me more reason to question how you're even able to walk in a straight line, let alone type or eat without someone helping you.

Strange. I find it pretty damn easy to understand you. :wink:

And you haven't replied to me on the philosophy thread about aliens - mocking Ayer this time for using the word sophisticated? :mmm:
Jihad now , Jihad tomorrow, Jihad forever!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone one to question me or my radicalism suck a nut!
Westerners blood NOW!
Reply 88
marshey
Some Wilfred Owen might put those questions into perspective. Read Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.

Some Shakespeare might put Wilfred Owen into perspective. Read the History plays.
Reply 89
Brevity
Some Shakespeare might put Wilfred Owen into perspective. Read the History plays.

What are you talking about? They don't play on the same field.
Depends who it was against.
Reply 91
Meh...
Reply 92
Schumacher
Of course. I would frown upon those who would not as many soldiers have died for your freedom today and I would see it as as both an honour and my duty to defend the freedom of our nation for future generations if such a situation were to arise.

this.
Reply 93
Dude Where's My Username
So for what ever reason, another super power decide Britain pipes up too much and needs invading. All men are required to line up for National Service duty. Just a few quick questions;

How many of you would want to fight for your country?

Would you enjoy/be excited at defending your country?

Would you be happy to risk dying for your country?

Or is your sense of National Identity so weak/diluted or just find the people in this country so damn deplorable that you'd illegally emmigrate to Poland* on the underside of a lorry to avoid National Service?

Pipe up. Let me know what you'd do :eyeball:

* = Yes Economic/Political affictionadios, I'm well aware Poland is in the EU and therefore immigration wouldn't be illegal technically. But it IS illegal to shirk National Service when called upon.......................I think

As long as I pay taxes for my country, I do more for it than some of this "fighters".
Furthermore I don't feel up to die for the nation where I was coincidentally born.
Reply 94
I'm not a man, but I would be ashamed if any of my male family members or friends resisted national service if called upon.
Reply 95
Depends if I agreed with the war, if it was in order to stop Fascism spreading across the Western world like WW2 then yes I might fight...some petty clash of Imperialistic countries like WW1 and I would probably not fight.
Reply 96
If our country was invaded then i would happily "fight for my country". I would actually be fighting for myself in fairly selfish manner. I do however have an inherent intrest in guns and thoroughly enjoy shooting things. Id have to hope my fac hurried up and came through though as I woudnt like to see what happens if i attacked them with my airifle and 12 bore. I would not be so keen to invade another country as this is notgoing to affect me and is just bullying another country.
Dude Where's My Username

How many of you would want to fight for your country? Yep

Would you enjoy/be excited at defending your country? Only hindsight would tell, would I feel pride? Yes.

Would you be happy to risk dying for your country? My life isn't as important as the many more I'd be defending.

My bolds.
moregano
Leaving aside the fact that I'm not a man, I believe that conscription is fundamentally wrong, and I value my life far more than I value "my country". If the UK was to get involved in a war in which civilian lives here were in danger, I'd take my family and move elsewhere.

not the males you wouldnt it. They would stay whilst you went off to hide, conscription calls for all men over a certain age and under a certain age to fight

i would fight if needed, to protect those i care about
Reply 99
If my life, or my family's life was under immidiate threat, then yes, I'd fight using any means.

Latest

Trending

Trending