The Student Room Group

Would you become a Vampire?

Poll

Would you become a Vampire?

A Vampire for the sake of this thread has these characteristics.

Needs to drink blood to survive - This could range from killing and gorging yourself or just taking a little nip here and there so the human doesn't even notice.

Canot stay in sunlight indefinatley - You're not gunna burst into flame straight away, but it's not healthy either. Let's say it's like sunburn on steriods, you could be out in it maybe 30 minutes before you're completley crippled.

You do not age - Under this also, you cannot get diseases or get ill. However you can still be killed in a variety of ways. Stake to the heart, lack of blood, decapitation etc.

Garlic, Crosses, Silver etc do NOT hurt you - So you can still be a vampire even if you are an Italian Catholic :wink:

There are lots of other Vampires around - You're not going to be all alone on a night out. There are a decent amount of Vamps about. Hell, even a few dedicated clubs here and there.

Society has no idea about Vampires - You're going to have to keep your activities pretty secret.

Fangs are retractable - So you don;t have to worry about people mistaking you for some Twilite fanatic everytime you're out and about.

You have the ability to Glamour/Hypnotise - By making eye contact you an sway people's minds, make them forget you fed on them etc. However, you can;t make them do anything really extreme like kill themselves, or depending on how you lok, kiss you :p:

There's no turning into a Bat - Sorry folks, none of that here, move along.

You have super strength, speed and agility - Equal to say, lifting a car, blurring when you sprint and being able to balance on a tightrope.

So there you have it. All the benifits and pit falls of being a Vampire.

The question is, if you heard a knock on your door in 5 minutes, and it was a vampire offering to turn you. Would you? And your reasons fr your answer :smile:

Scroll to see replies

No. That gay vampire from Twilight made it such a shameful profession.
Reply 2
Yeah, of course. Why - I could indulge in hedonism more.
Reply 3
RabbitCFH

Here here. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
If John Mitchell (Aidan Turner...:love:) from Being Human was the one to turn me then yes please (None of that sparkling crap, just good old-fashioned killing sprees on trains). The idea of never aging isn't actually that attractive to me though. I think all that time spent watching Doctor Who has put me off. Actually, there's an idea...become a vampire and go travelling with the Doctor. Ok then, definitely wanting to be a vampire. The sunlight thing's a huge bummer though. But I like messing around with chemicals, I'd come up with a super suncream for myself. The mesmerising sounds good, but the most important question is, would I be able to be seen in mirrors, unlike Mitchell from Being Human? I'd miss my reflection, but if I was a super-gorgeous vampire I guess it wouldn't matter. Super speed would make exercise a lot more fun, it would finally stop my Dad lecturing me all the time.
Reply 5
Id say yes but they have an image problem now.:erm: There would be less cool vampires and a load more twilight fantards.:wtf:
Reply 6
just to clarify: vampires suck blood, not cock. QED twilight vampires don't count.
Hell. Yes.
No I'm ascared of the dark :sad:
Well this depends. Would i have to sparkle?
Reply 10
Can you turn other people into vampires?
RabbitCFH

QFT!

No - haven't you guys watched Angel? Vampires sure can be ****-ugly.

Oh, and Buffy would be after me.

/pop culture references.
Reply 12
Needing to drink blood all the time would be too annoying
Reply 13
no
RabbitCFH

Yeah, but Mitchell more than makes up for it. Twilight isn't about vampires, it's about deadly wingless fairies (I might start calling them that more often actually), and the werewolves are like the kind of toys you'd see from Nightmare Before Christmas. More people should watch things with real vampires in them that actually kill people. Daisy and Ivan are examples to the whole vampire world. They'd kick the Volturi's asses for sure (I read all the books, they've stuck stubbornly in my brain where I should be remembering more important things)
Aphasia
Can you turn other people into vampires?

Sure.
One word AIDS

I would if drinking blood wasnt one of the fastest most easiest way to contract aids.
Darren Shan:p:

hmm.. probably not
Reply 18
Do they live forever? If so, yes. Without a doubt.
No. As much as I would like super strength+speed, I can't die right? Unless of course someone kills me. I prefer to die of old age. More peaceful like that. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending