The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hralipour
When I applied for uni in 2005 i applied for the history v100 at:

RHUL; Southampton; Bristol; SOAS; Kingston; Brunel

As it turns out i didnt get into rhul for 2005 entry for history so i got a place to do classical studies for 2006 entry but i'm thinkin of begging to switch to history...

Some unis have entry requirements AAB for example, but if you're predicted ABB they may give you an ABB offer..it depends on the uni and the course popularity though

Can universities turn down your application for one course but offer you a place on another course instead?
Reply 41
it's cos i badgered the admissions department at the uni..lol
rhul wanted bbb for history n i got bbc n they rejected me *sniffles* lol
i got the offer to do classics through clearing tho as a deferred entry eventho i wanted to go uni in 2005 to avoid top up fees-grr!
--------------
oooooooooohhhhhh i have a plan :biggrin: no one apply for history v100 at rhul for 2006 entry n then they'll beg me to transfer:biggrin: erm n then u all apply in 2007 hehe! ah that's never gonna happen! oh well im happy wit classics
Reply 42
I applied for Edinburgh and Glasgow. The course is the same, History & Politics. Do you think joint honours will work in practise?
Reply 43
I got an AAB in my A levels in the summer (History, Politics, English) and have applied for History and Politics to the following:

Sheffield
Warwick
Cardiff
Exeter
Nottingham
Liverpool
Woo I hope nottingham is your 1st choice :biggrin:
Reply 45
I'm sending off my application next week (God willing...). I'm a bit worried about the competition, but surely must be better this year than last year with the top-up fees and all? Btw, anyone know if you stand a better chance of getting accepted if you already have your grades (I've already graduated)? In any case, here's where I'm applying;

History

UCL
King's College London
Queen Mary
Sheffield
Birmingham

History & Politics

Sheffield
Reply 46
yeah but there were loads of people unable to get places for 2005 entry so they'll go for 2006 entry which means there will still be competition...those people wont wanna take 2 gap years. i wouldnt :|
Reply 47
hi everyone!

I've applied for:

history and culture at warwick - that's no.1

also:

Reading
Southhampton
Sussex
East Anglia
Exeter
Reply 48
Manellowzworth
Applying in order of preference:

1.Oxford (Queens)- History and Politics
2.LSE- International Relations and History
3.LSE- Government and History
4.St. Andrews- International Relations and History
5.Durham- History and Politics
6.Edinburgh- History and Politics

Hey, so you opted for 2 courses at the LSE in the end? Good for you. If you got an offer for both, which one would you go for? :smile:
I've applied for
Cambridge (Peterhouse)
Durham
UCL
KCL
LSE (international history)
SOAS (History and Economics)

have a durham offer already of AAA. i'm predicted AAAB, though i've just finished my a levels (one more to go) and i'm quite ****ed (am overseas, doing CIE's november sitting)
Reply 50
I got AAA in the summer (Government & Politics, History and English Lit.) I got a C i nEconomics too, but well, let's just say I didn't 'mesh' very well with that particular subject...

I'm applying to do History and Politics (or one of the many variations there are!) at:
LSE
Manchester
Nottingham
York
Birmingham
Queen Mary.

So far I just have my Nottingham offer, I sent my UCAS form off later than anticipated after my 'deciding not to apply to Oxford' lull.
Reply 51
I sent off my UCAS yesterday (December 8). I already have my grades (36 points IB) and I'm applying at:

History
Birmingham
LSE
Queen Mary
Sheffield
UCL

History & Politics
Sheffield
Reply 52
I'm applying for History (V100) at the following (in no particular order):

St Andrews
Exeter
Bristol
York
Durham
Edinburgh

As of now, I have one offer from Exeter, and amazingly no rejections!
Reply 53
I've mostly applied for Combined Courses but doin history as part of them:

1) Durham - Combined Honours Arts - History and Eng Lang
2) Liverpool - Combined - History, Euro Film and Eng Lang
3) Warwick - History and Culture - Film and TV
4) Essex - Humanities - History, Film and Eng Lang
5) Hull - History and Film
6) Keele - International History/Relations and Media

Predicted AAB so just hopin for some offers now!

Oh and got AABB at AS History, Eng Lang, Media and Design.
I'm applying for History 2006.
Doing History, English Literature and Politics A Levels with AS Critical Thinking. Last year did AS Geography.

My choices:
1. Cambridge (Trinity Hall)...Offer (AAA)
2. St. Andrews...Offer (AAB)
3. Bristol...Offer (AAB)
4. Edinburgh...(BBB)
5. Durham...Rejected
6. LSE...Rejected
Reply 55
dictionaryqueen
Doing History, English Literature and Politics A Levels with AS Critical Thinking. Last year did AS Geography.

lol me too except i'm doing general studies instead of critical thinking :smile:
Reply 56
Seems I'm going to Warwick in October! Queen Mary is my insurance though.
Last year I got AAAC in English Lang & Lit, History, French and Maths (respectively). I have no idea why I did Maths ..:rolleyes:
Predicted AAA this year, bit dubious about A in French though!
Reply 57
dictionaryqueen

My choices:
1. Cambridge (Trinity Hall)...Offer (AAA)
2. St. Andrews...Offer (AAB)
3. Bristol...Offer (AAB)
4. Edinburgh...(BBB)
5. Durham...Rejected
6. LSE...Rejected

Ooooo a Trinity Hall offer...:mad: ... not jealous... must tell myself I'm not jealous...:biggrin: and out of interest when did you get your St Andrews offer? (Getting more jealous...)

Edit: Just also seen you have an offer from Edinburgh too... may have to kill you now
I'm doing A levels in French, History and Biology, did Chemistry AS.
Predicted AAAc

Applied to
Durham
Warwick
York
Edinburgh
St Andrews
Exeter
Im planning on applying for history in 07/08, hopefully applying to Oxford (ah, can't we all daydream!) and then Im not too sure where else. Im doing History, English Lit, MAths, Economics and Critical THinking AS at the moment, and hopefully chinese next year.

Latest

Trending

Trending