The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Although I'm an only child, I have grown up with, but not lived with, 3 cousins who have been like siblings. I can say with absolute certainty that I am so glad that I did not actually have to live with 2 of them. But one of my cousins, I think I could have happily lived with and been brother to, but I think she might have killed me by now. I don't think I was designed to have siblings as I am content with my own company and space and would have either wound them up until they killed me or vice versa. Although it may have been different if I had an actual sibling who was more similar to me.
Reply 61
I am one of eight!!!!!!!!!
It can be difficult as six of us live at home!
The boys are alright, Antonio the oldest is most protective, but now has a little girl of his own so hes chilled. We get on well. Carlos and Edward are kinda cool, they are both protective too Carlos especially as I am the youngest girl so I am treated like a princess by them xD Henry is the bane of my existance!!! The most annoying person I have ever known! All of the boys can be annoying but I have to get on with it as although I do have my own space its kinda hard not to be constantly surrounded!!

The girls are also a nightmare! Especially Gabrielle who is the most materialistic person I have ever met! (luckily my dad and her boyfriend both have money or she'd horrid!!) But she now lives with her unfortunate boyfriend so I never see her! Junita is alright, a tomboy, constantly irritating me! And Karmen is alright, I get on best with her out of the girls as she is so close to me in age (10 months between me and her and Edward (they are twins) ) We are in the same school year so I have extra help on homework!

I mean I love my siblings, but they are a headache!
Reply 62
I'm an only child too, when I was a kid I wanted a brother or a sister (only when I was bored though), I really used to nag my parents about it. As a teen, I then saw my friends with their brothers and sisters - they always seemed to be fighting, so that started putting me off. Now I thank my parents :lol: I'm so glad I'm an only child.
CherryCherryBoomBoom
:laugh: Could be :holmes:

Taking it in stride, well done. :top:
My brother's great. Sisters tend to gang up on me.
It's the best! I can share anything with my brother and it will never be told to anyone else.
wizzo123
I am one of eight!!!!!!!!!
It can be difficult as six of us live at home!
The boys are alright, Antonio the oldest is most protective, but now has a little girl of his own so hes chilled. We get on well. Carlos and Edward are kinda cool, they are both protective too Carlos especially as I am the youngest girl so I am treated like a princess by them xD Henry is the bane of my existance!!! The most annoying person I have ever known! All of the boys can be annoying but I have to get on with it as although I do have my own space its kinda hard not to be constantly surrounded!!

The girls are also a nightmare! Especially Gabrielle who is the most materialistic person I have ever met! (luckily my dad and her boyfriend both have money or she'd horrid!!) But she now lives with her unfortunate boyfriend so I never see her! Junita is alright, a tomboy, constantly irritating me! And Karmen is alright, I get on best with her out of the girls as she is so close to me in age (10 months between me and her and Edward (they are twins) ) We are in the same school year so I have extra help on homework!

I mean I love my siblings, but they are a headache!

That sounds awesome! :yep:
I'm only one of four.
It has advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages - never lonely, someone to talk to most of the time, can play games with i.e. PS3 etc, someone to help you, someone to talk to when you're out with the family somewhere, learn to be more sensitive to others and learn to share things with other ppl instead of always being selfish

Disadvantages - hard to get privacy even in a big house, have to share everything with, you're not as spoilt as 'only sons or daughters' like my cousin who is the only child is spoilt rotten by his rich parents and gets anything he wants right down to cars, could be less sensitive to others' feelings and don't know how to share which could affect future relationships and lead to you being selfish

All in all, I am happy I have a sister and brother most of the time but at times I wish I could be the only child so I could be spoilt rotten by my parents :tongue:
Reply 68
NikNakWakAtak
That sounds awesome! :yep:
I'm only one of four.

It can be! Interesting at the dinner table...

I would prefer to be one of four tbh.
Imagine your life but half as good.
Reply 70
I'm an only child and I really wish that I had brothers and sisters- I've always hated being an only child.
I have three younger brothers, lucky me.
But it's alright most of the time, I wouldn't say we all get on perfectly 24/7. I think it's nice though. I remember hating being an only child when I was younger.
Reply 72
Annoying as hell.
Obviously not everyone's the same, but my brother is a complete idiot. He's so nasty and horrible to everyone, so count yourself lucky!
I have a 15 year old brother. He can be unbelievably nice and helpful to me sometimes but we've basically fought once a day ever since he was born. Usually over something petty.

He annoys me to hell and back! He has friends round, makes a mess and doesn't clean it up, and then I get yelled at for not cleaning it up - hello, whatever happened to cleaning up after yourself?! I can manage it perfectly fine! Then yesterday mum asked us both to clean our rooms and because I have to literally empty everything out of mine, she asked him to do housework. What does he do? He buggers off out all day with friends, comes home at 11pm, and I get yelled at for not doing the housework. :mad:

He's taller and stronger than me and so thinks he can push me around, he constantly insults me and when I take it personally he claims he was joking and it's like ....:lolwut: no you weren't. Whenever he gets stroppy and grumpy he uses the excuse "I'm a teenager, I'm allowed" - no, just no. He ALWAYS has to start an argument over something. The other week he was talking about minimum wage and said that under 16s have a minimum wage of £3.57 - no, that's 16 - 18, I think I would know - and even after showing him the direct.gov.uk page he still insisted I was wrong. No. Fool. He plays on his xbox all day and has friends round so he can avoid tidying his room (because it's antisocial to tidy when you have people over, obviously :rolleyes:) and he is just generally a complete pain in the arse.

However, despite all this, he is my brother, and he helps me out a lot and is there for me whenever I need it, and whenever mum gets all stroppy and angry we always stick together. :smile:
Reply 75
I just couldn't live without my siblings. Any of them.
Sure, we shout and scream at each other when we're in a bad mood, but they're like my best friends. I know that I can always talk to one of them if I have a problem, and that they will always be there for me.
Plus we all have the exact same sense of humour (as well as all looking pretty much identical - I have 3 sisters and a brother, so this is impressive :biggrin:), so being together is always fun. I feel like I can be completely myself around my family i.e. me with all the bits of crazy that I hide with me friends!!!
Reply 76
all my life I wanted to have an elder brother...
But I'm up to now the only child :s-smilie:
Reply 77
dunno, i really like my brother but we're really different people. and since i moved to uni we go for siuch long periods without seeing each other its like we dont really have much to talk about anymore

we never argue. we just sort of coexist in the same house. sort of wish we were closer but we're just different people. maybe when he moves to uni too we'll be closer
half the time it's good to have someone around but the other half it's so annoying
Reply 79
Well I have a brother (can't stand him) and 2 sisters who I don't really get along with. I've always wondered what it's like to be an only child. I'm a private person so having siblings can get really annoying at times.

Latest

Trending

Trending