The Student Room Group

A few questions

Some of these have probably been answered before, if they have I aplogise.

My insurance offer says "A minimum of 140 UCAS Tariff points from at least 1 GCE A" (Yeah I set my sights low), what does this mean though, does it mean you have to get 140 points form A2's or any subjects but one of them has to be an A2 (Other cans be AS's)?

Is there anyway a university can turn you down even if you make the grades, specifically your insurance uni. (I say this because I have a weird combination of results that, for some reason I'm afraid the uni's won't take into account.)

Are Uni's more lenient towards people missing grades on foundation courses as opposed to normal ones?

I took three resits this June (2 AS's and 1 A2) was I supposed to update ucas about the fact I took them or will it happen automatically? (If I had to what happens if I didn't)?

Will probably have more when I think of them
froósh
My insurance offer says "A minimum of 140 UCAS Tariff points from at least 1 GCE A" (Yeah I set my sights low), what does this mean though, does it mean you have to get 140 points form A2's or any subjects but one of them has to be an A2 (Other cans be AS's)?

Is that all it says? Becuase at A2 an A is 120 points, which is almost all they want, so in theory you could get in with one A level and something that would bump you up 20 points like a high level music exam. The best thing that you could do is call or email them I THINK. However, I'm not sure how kindly they'll take to being phoned right now because they'll be frantically sorting through results.

froósh
Is there anyway a university can turn you down even if you make the grades, specifically your insurance uni. (I say this because I have a weird combination of results that, for some reason I'm afraid the uni's won't take into account.)

If you make the grades, then the uni is legally obliged to take you as you have fulfilled the requirements of their offer. However, I think that the best thing you could do is call or email the uni.

froósh
Are Uni's more lenient towards people missing grades on foundation courses as opposed to normal ones?

Sorry, I don't know :frown:

froósh
I took three resits this June (2 AS's and 1 A2) was I supposed to update ucas about the fact I took them or will it happen automatically? (If I had to what happens if I didn't)?

As far as I'm aware UCAS is updated about them automatically, but I've done my resits this year, along with my A2s. It may be different if you are in a foundation year. Perhaps you could call UCAS and ask them :smile:

Apologies for not actually giving any real advice, but hopefully some of it will be a little useful to someone :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending