The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Brotherhood

Thankyou very much - erm if you think I would need them then I would be more than happy to buy yours from you if they're cheaper :biggrin:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
TheOriginalTinyT
Ooo, Brotherhood's comment just above seems quite helpful, gives a vague idea of the sort of things that might be of more use than others...
Oh cool, yeah, if possible that would be great!

Yeahh I am, I'm in Florence Boot :smile: How about you?
I'm doing Joint Honours though, I'm English & Philosophy... probably going to avoid the Medieval English modules I think, hah!

Thanks very much for all of the tips, really useful!

H'ok, so basically the main ones to think about getting from that list would be Yule, possibly the Norton Anthology, and then just pick up specific novels as and when?

Depends if you think you can get by without the Medieval books. I knew I was going to drop it, you might not have the option if you're single honours. Policies have changed. You probably can live without them. I'd probs say the Reader was most needed out of all of them in terms of seminar work and prep reading.

We never used the Anthology once but then I didn't do Drama so I dunno about that one. I got told to buy it for SML. I'd say get the Yule, will be useful year two as well.

Novels it's up to you. Like I said, I like to buy books and the ones you're going to be reading are old and cheap.

Just seen your course so yeah, just those and what you think you need from your other mods.
sammi468
Thankyou very much - erm if you think I would need them then I would be more than happy to buy yours from you if they're cheaper :biggrin:

If you want to be any sort of decent student and are planning on carrying on with it then you should grab the Reader and Book of Middle English, which I conveniently own both of. They're the ones you'll need most. I wasn't bothered about first year and knew I was dropping BoE so they're pretty much as new and untouched. I'm never gonna need them again. Not exactly the sort of stuff you just pick up and read so feel free to take them off me.

The Yule one I'm hanging onto for final year but you can have the other Language one if you want it. As I said the SML ones I don't have as we weren't told to get them and I dunno what novels you'll be doing this year.

Same goes to anyone else.
PinPin
im in a studio at bgp too :smile:

hoping its not gonna be too antisocial...

BGP's far from anti-social. We had 2,500 students the year I was there!
PinPin
im in a studio at bgp too :smile:

hoping its not gonna be too antisocial...

If it's antisocial then make it social :biggrin: Room party anyone? xD
Reply 185
I'm in! I'm going to be studying French and Chinese!
Brotherhood
Just seen your course so yeah, just those and what you think you need from your other mods.

Ok, brilliant, thanks very much! I'll have a look around and see what I can find :smile:
Reply 187
Heyy! I'm actually going to Nottingham Uni, I made it!

Staying at Willoughby Hall and studying Law!
Reply 188
Brotherhood
BGP's far from anti-social. We had 2,500 students the year I was there!

i know i just kind of wish i wasnt in a studio cos i have the impression that theyre going to be full of recluses lol!

ourkizuna
If it's antisocial then make it social :biggrin: Room party anyone? xD

this is my plan! :p:
PinPin
this is my plan! :p:

muwhahah :p: i expect an invite for the suggestion.

though... bgp is farrrrr from UP! hm....
ourkizuna
muwhahah :p: i expect an invite for the suggestion.

though... bgp is farrrrr from UP! hm....

It's ten seconds from the entrance of BGP to the entrance of UP.
PinPin
i know i just kind of wish i wasnt in a studio cos i have the impression that theyre going to be full of recluses lol!

Well here's one person who's gonna be living in a studio and is certainly not a recluse! :biggrin:
But the kitchens in the studios aren't really big enough to do much more than baked beans and pot noodles anyway, so I don't think it'll be that lonesome :P
Reply 192
VariousCrisps
Well here's one person who's gonna be living in a studio and is certainly not a recluse! :biggrin:

i hope everyones gonna be like us!!
ive got a friend whos gonna be living in one too and shes not either so there'll be at least three of us :p:
Brotherhood
It's ten seconds from the entrance of BGP to the entrance of UP.

o.o i'm thinking of something else then! XD
My badddd :P
ourkizuna
o.o i'm thinking of something else then! XD
My badddd :P

Might be thinking of Jubliee. I believe that's further away.

And can I also have an invite to this sutdio part whoever is having one :p:
kosy91
WOW!!!! thats soooo cool!! CONGRATS!!!!!!
i got exactly the same grades as you!! any idea if anyone in nairobi got more than 4A*s???
cya in notts!!!

Thanks! You got 4A*s and 1A? I thought you only did 4 subjects? :s-smilie:...I think the highest in nairobi was 4A*s...not so sure though...what about in your area? or were you the highest? I was the highest in my school though. Yh...cya in Notts!!!!!! :biggrin:
Ill be there got my A*AAA :biggrin: wooo!

Studying masters Chemistry(with molecular physics)

Got an accomodation offer from ancaster hall, but not sure if i can afford the en-suite room still lol, so my accomodation isnt certain yet :/
Nikopolidis
Ill be there got my A*AAA :biggrin: wooo!

Studying masters Chemistry(with molecular physics)

Got an accomodation offer from ancaster hall, but not sure if i can afford the en-suite room still lol, so my accomodation isnt certain yet :/

Aw! Hope you can join us in Ancaster (:
I hope so too :smile: i have the offer and everything lol, its just its really annoying how they charge more for the first 2 terms because theyre longer, but my student loan isnt paid to reflect that, oh well, ill see what happens, but i cant wait for uni anyway, and ill see you there :smile:
Reply 199
American and English Studies! Yayayaya

Latest

Trending

Trending