Reply 580
Cannot wait to move. I think I'll start packing tomorrow :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
I have so not printed this and then going to Ikea to buying anything. :wink:
http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_GB/img/pdf/back_to_uni_check_list/btu.pdf
My mum now regrets asking me if I want to come and shop at Ikea for university. Soon WhSmith!
Reply 582
Reformed2010
I have so not printed this and then going to Ikea to buying anything. :wink:
http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_GB/img/pdf/back_to_uni_check_list/btu.pdf
My mum now regrets asking me if I want to come and shop at Ikea for university. Soon WhSmith!

God yeah! WhSmith! I completely forgot about stationery and stuff like that! :eek:

I'm gonna spend a gazzilion in there. No joke. I have a weird love of stationery... :smile:
Alisa25
Haha! Awwww!

Well ok we can time share my rug lol. Alternate months! :wink:

:biggrin: YAY!! Haha, awesomeness :P I did see a REALLY cheap towel kind of rug for like 1.50 on ikea so maybe i can get that ._. even though it's probably crappy XDD. haha. :s-smilie:

anyone got any idea how big the tiny space on the floor is? :P would hate it if i convinced my mother to let me take a rug and it ended up too big!!
Reply 584
ahh i've got everything now :biggrin: just need to start packing it all. daunting.
when's everyone packing?! Im thinking in two weeks :tongue:
Reply 586
Too early to pack. I'll pack on the Thursday (as I can move in on the Saturday) :smug:
I had to start already... Not properly packing but just getting some stuff that I need and putting it all in the guest room. So now the guest room (by the end of today hopefully!) will have all of my bed stuff, bathroom stuff minus the stuff I need from my Ikea trip! And maybe some winter clothing...

But I'm going on holiday in a week! need to pack for that first!
I'll pack on Saturday the 18th.
Not quite sure when I'll start packing. I'm busy on the Saturday, so maybe the Thursday or Friday?
Something like that anyway :smile:

Three weeks today guys! :biggrin: :biggrin:
veggie4life
know exactly how you feel :yep:

--

I don't quite know how I'm getting my stuff to uni yet 0_o My mum doesn't like motorways :|
If you see me hitchhiking with four suitcases guys be kind and pull over :tongue:

hahaha my mums the same! I managed to convince her not to take everything by train, and then she just wanted to use A and B roads, but now we've compromised to going through Winchester and Oxford etc... she's still panicking bless her! :biggrin:
Afrotortina
hahaha my mums the same! I managed to convince her not to take everything by train, and then she just wanted to use A and B roads, but now we've compromised to going through Winchester and Oxford etc... she's still panicking bless her! :biggrin:

hehe i think i've settled on a (rather extreme) compromise of hiring a car one way and my mum and dad getting the train back once they've dropped the car off in nottingham. I know !
Reply 592
veggie4life
hehe i think i've settled on a (rather extreme) compromise of hiring a car one way and my mum and dad getting the train back once they've dropped the car off in nottingham. I know !

I wish I could give you a lift there but my mum would seriously have a heart attack with the M25! How much is the rented car going to cost?! OUCHIES! Could you pack it in suitcases and pay for train tickets and ask your parents to help you with that (it should be cheaper?) Poor you!
Reply 594
Afrotortina
I feel like a stalker, But i'm in cripps too! What are you studying/ what type of room are you staying in/ This feels wellabit real now! PS I'm Emily, wear glasses, if you see me just come and say hi :biggrin:

Haha don't worry :smile: I'm Elise studying Biology in a single study!
say Hi if you see me :smile:
Afrotortina
I wish I could give you a lift there but my mum would seriously have a heart attack with the M25! How much is the rented car going to cost?! OUCHIES! Could you pack it in suitcases and pay for train tickets and ask your parents to help you with that (it should be cheaper?) Poor you!

Aww bless you! No no don't worry I wouldn't wish the M25 on any nervous mum haha :smile: The car hire isn't to bad actually about £35? Which by the time you add tubes fares getting into London isn't much more expensive :smile: Hehe Mothers eh :biggrin:
Haha I'm getting my dad to drive! My mum would be scary on the M25 :P She started crying today whilst driving and I was like O_O ********.

Is everyone moving in on the 18th? DDD: Too many BGP Students on here! Haha, I wish I was moving in on Sat D: But alas. Ah wells, 3 weeks today and we'll be there :biggrin:
Reply 597
Cooking :coma:

I'll be surviving off of chicken and rice :coma:
ourkizuna
Haha I'm getting my dad to drive! My mum would be scary on the M25 :P She started crying today whilst driving and I was like O_O ********.

Is everyone moving in on the 18th? DDD: Too many BGP Students on here! Haha, I wish I was moving in on Sat D: But alas. Ah wells, 3 weeks today and we'll be there :biggrin:

it makes me wish i could drive! my mum gets road rage too, the other day she was driving on the other side of the road to avoid the queue of cars on our side, and they were all beeping, it was so embarrassing!
If you don't see me at uni, it's because I didnt make it :frown:
veggie4life
Aww bless you! No no don't worry I wouldn't wish the M25 on any nervous mum haha :smile: The car hire isn't to bad actually about £35? Which by the time you add tubes fares getting into London isn't much more expensive :smile: Hehe Mothers eh :biggrin:

That's not bad at all! I got a train to waterloo, underground to st pancreas and then up to nottingham, that was around £25 for a return? but yours sounds like a lot less hassle.... if i become like my mother please shoot me :eek3:

Latest

Trending

Trending