The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Undersc0re

My funky username is pcyej which I quite like, I may change my name to it, but then my username would become pcypj and I'd have to change my name again.

Hahahaaa, this made me crack up!:lol:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Oh, by the way, the 'Y' in the middle of our username means Undergraduate, if anyone is interested. An X means postgraduate and a Z is Staff. :L

Hahahaaa, this made me crack up

kosy91
ME!!!!!!!!

Me three!
Undersc0re
Also, MrCasperTom, do you have any idea of modules you're doing or the reading list we have for Chemistry?

I've had the Chemistry letter thing through the post with the prices of the 5 books they recommend but that's about it.
MrCasperTom
I've had the Chemistry letter thing through the post with the prices of the 5 books they recommend but that's about it.

I've had a letter from chemistry with molecular physics and a seperate one from chemistry, they both recommend the 5 books, but they also make a point to say dont worry about buying them till you go to uni.

Also, you have to buy your own lab coat.

We sign up for modules during the week, it says that on ethe weekone timetable which comes in a letter.

On another note, wow at the postcount :P im kinda dissapointed how low down i am, but then again, it is almost impossible to keep up with this :P
Mine is apytt...
I'm fairly happy with that, could be worse.

It does sound a bit like 'a pit', but meh. S'alright :smile:

veggie4life
on a side note: It's my birthday today :biggrin:

Woops, sorry, I missed this!
Happy Birthday Tyler, hope you had a great day! :biggrin:

Edit: Also, did anyone see the example of using characters, letters and numbers when making the password?
'For example: IoHw1DR! = I'm only happy when I'm doing research!' - I laughed, and then groaned.
TheOriginalTinyT
Mine is apytt...
I'm fairly happy with that, could be worse.

It does sound a bit like 'a pit', but meh. S'alright :smile:

Woops, sorry, I missed this!
Happy Birthday Tyler, hope you had a great day! :biggrin:

Edit: Also, did anyone see the example of using characters, letters and numbers when making the password?
'For example: IoHw1DR! = I'm only happy when I'm doing research!' - I laughed, and then groaned.

hehe thank you how on earth did you figure that IoHw1DR out haha ? I didn't even notice
pinch punch first of the month

i still haven't received my welcome pack, nottingham hate me :frown:
veggie4life
hehe thank you how on earth did you figure that IoHw1DR out haha ? I didn't even notice

Hah, oh I didn't, it literally said:

"For example: IoHw1DR! = I'm only happy when I'm doing research!"

Hah, it's probably cause it was under the little clicky arrow giving more information about what to do for your password, most people probably didn't see it. There wasn't really any reason to click it, it was pretty common sense stuff. I just like reading that kinda thing anyway :P
I didn't even see the example password, let alone the explanation for it...
Blackintuition
I'm in Albion House as well!:biggrin: Are they really that strict on letting only some halls in? If they are, then we should definitely try to sneak in..:ninja:

MrCasperTom
I'm in Albion. Although I haven't seen any rooms anywhere :p:

Oooh, now there's at least three of us there! :smile: I really want to get my room number, do you know when we get these?

And I got my username, I'm pmyjs1, I'm kinda liking it. It's fun to say puh-mee-jus!
sunshinejessie

hi course buddy :smile:
sunshinejessie
Oooh, now there's at least three of us there! :smile: I really want to get my room number, do you know when we get these?

And I got my username, I'm pmyjs1, I'm kinda liking it. It's fun to say puh-mee-jus!

A couple of weeks befoer we move in I believe. So this week or next I'm thinking.
sunshinejessie
And I got my username, I'm pmyjs1

My initial thought was pyjamas...
Reply 794
my username is rubbish - svynsm :p:
Reply 795
I did see the examplar password. it was hilarious to say the least!!
Thanks MrCasperTom and Nikopolidis, I haven't seen the letter yet but it's reassuring to know that information is on there.
Reply 797
still waiting for my welcome pack:frown:
TheOriginalTinyT
Hah, oh I didn't, it literally said:

"For example: IoHw1DR! = I'm only happy when I'm doing research!"

Hah, it's probably cause it was under the little clicky arrow giving more information about what to do for your password, most people probably didn't see it. There wasn't really any reason to click it, it was pretty common sense stuff. I just like reading that kinda thing anyway :P

hehe that reminds me of when I look up the most random things on wikipedia when I'm bored :biggrin:

nicola92
my username is rubbish - svynsm :p:

It sounds like a paralysing disorder but no worse than mine :smile: 'llyto' coming at cha
Reply 799
Just wondering, who's bringing a tv? and is it worth it/will there be reception?
I've got a single study in cripps, and I have a little 22" flat screen in my room at home that I can't decide whether to bring or not?

I know there's the freewire thing but I assume thats just for laptops etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending