The Student Room Group

AS and A-Level biology resources thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cashmoneyorg
Thanks

where did you find this?

A friend of mine emailed it.
If he can get the mark schemes and F212, if I remember I'll add them on here too.
F214 Biology notes.
Thumbs up if you find them useful :smile:
Bi0logicalF214.pdf
Original post by Bi0logical
F214 Biology notes.
Thumbs up if you find them useful :smile:
Bi0logicalF214.pdf

printing i out now : )
Original post by cashmoneyorg
printing i out now : )

that's a lot of sheets xD
Original post by Bi0logical
that's a lot of sheets xD

yh not much if you print double-sided :smile:
Reply 465
Can anyonwe suggest where AQA AS Biology old past papers can be found???
Reply 466
Original post by DrFantastic
Here you go guys, have fun revising!

Grade Boundaries /60

A - 45
B- 40
C -35
D -30
E -26

U - 25 or less

One of the questions was evaluate the suggestions of scientists suggested that people should be vaccinated against the disease (Chlamydia). My advantages and disadvantages did not match those in the mark scheme but it said accept valid answers....

Would these be okay:
1)Vaccination increases the memory T and B cells of the immune system, therefore cauisng the person to be immune to the disease (by reducing the occurence of obtaining it)

2) It also ensures herd immunity. This is because with the majority of people vaccinated, there would be a fewer number of people to obtain the disease from

3) However, the scientists have to take into account antigenic variation. If the pathogen shows signs of antigenic variation, then it would be pointless to provide a vaccination.

By the way, to those reading it...this is the AQA biology exam paper. Thanks!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 467
does anyone have the WJEC BY1 Jan 2011 mark scheme?
does anyone have a copy of WJEC BY4 June 2011 and preferably mark scheme too pleaasee? Thanks
Has anyone got the grade boundaries for Unit 1 AQA biology for papers June 2009 and Jan 2009? I'd be really grateful! Thanks.
Hi,

Does anyone have the AQA BIOLOGY AND DISEASE PAST PAPER for JUNE 2011 (AS LEVEL)??

I would really appreciate it!!!

Thank you :smile:
Original post by panjabiflower

Hi,

Does anyone have the AQA BIOLOGY AND DISEASE PAST PAPER for JUNE 2011 (AS LEVEL)??

I would really appreciate it!!!

Thank you :smile:

yep, i have it
Original post by matthurry

Original post by matthurry
yep, i have it

**** no, really sorry, but i was looking at june 2010. if anyone does have j2011 would love a copy too.
Does anyone have BY4 WJEC June 2011??
Does anyone have this paper?
ANYONE...
ANYONE...

yes, i already mentioned that i have it another unit 1 thread, pm me your email address and i'll get it sent to you by email with the mark scheme straight away
Reply 477
Hey guys, wondering if anyone's got the mark schemes for BY4 June 2010, BY4 January 2011, BY4 June 2011, BY2 January 2011, and BY2 June 2011?
Reply 478
any one of them at all?
Hi as part of my revision for AS AQA Biology A I made some revision notes which I've typed up and are available on my blog http://myrevisionnotesblog.blogspot.com/ currently just for unit 1 at the moment but the rest will be going up soon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending