The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I have 12 45min lectures a week
Reply 21
This coming year I have four hours of classes every week, which for some reason are all squeezed into Monday afternoon (14:00-16:00, 16:00-18:00). I do also have an hour-long meeting every week or so for one of my dissertations, though, and my cello lesson.

Though I have hardly any lectures, I'm going to have to do a hell of a lot of work in my free time, what with two dissertations and other work, so don't think I have it easy!
First year Philosophy... I have a total of 8 hours, split equally between lectures and seminars.
Earliest start 10am, latest end 5pm.

I think I got off pretty lightly, TBH. ^_^
Mines for Semester 1 is:

Monday:
9-10 Financial Accounting Tutorial (TBC)
10-11 French - Video/Grammar
2-3 Economics
3-4 Financial Accounting 1

Tuesday
9-10 Financial Accounting LAB (TBC)
10-11 French - Language
2-3 Economics

* Also have French Oral on a Tuesday but I forgot to check the time today.

Wednesday
10-11 Introduction to Business Stats

Thursday
10-11 Economics Tutorial
2-3 Economics
4-5 IB Stats Lab (thats for one week)

Friday
11-12 IB Stats
1-2 IB Stats Tutorial
3-5 IT Course (this runs from Week 1-Week 4)
I counted 19 hours worth but I think that included some optional modules, so only about 15 in reality.

Ah the life of a maths/phys student...
get friday's off, and i also get 1, 2 hour lecture on wednesday and thursday
Ive got 12 hours of combined lectures and seminars a week.
Reply 27
you know wot! i only have two days of lessons...they're not even lectures, cos its like...30 people in each class. so wot do we do in our spare time man!
kwannie
you know wot! i only have two days of lessons...they're not even lectures, cos its like...30 people in each class. so wot do we do in our spare time man!

Some people are too lucky by half :p:
Where'd you guys pick up your timetables? I attended orientation and enrolled, but didn't receive my class schedule :confused:
Reply 30
TROD
haha what high expectations you have of certain uni's :biggrin:

Hallam wont release mine until about 2 weeks into the course probably, if i go on experience.

TROD.

well can u blame me...my first day was a bit daunting lol..i started now n its all gud..im off on thursday n fridays..all my seminars n lectures fall on mon-wed..so im very happy :biggrin: (well at the moment anyway as im jus talking abt the first semester..still have another 3 yrs!!)
Reply 31
camera obscura
Where'd you guys pick up your timetables? I attended orientation and enrolled, but didn't receive my class schedule :confused:

they told me on my first week..sum time after enrolement..we were given individual timetables
Monday:
OFF

Tuesday
10-11 Law and Culture
4-6 Evidence

Wednesday
10-11 Law and Culture

Thursday
OFF

Friday
10-12 International Criminal Justice

Thats without my once fortnightly tutorials...god I love uni!
Reply 33
It does make you wond when your only having like 6 hours of teaching a week, how they can charge you over a grand for tutition fees. Doesnt seem quite right......................and yet i bloody love it that way!
Got 5 hours of lectures/seminars on Monday, finishing at 6.
One lecture on Tuesday at 9am.
Wed and Thur about 4 hours each.
One seminar on Friday, finishing at 10am, so I can go home!
angelj
they told me on my first week..sum time after enrolement..we were given individual timetables

So it wasn't the day of enrolment then? Does the same apply for postgrads? I've been ringing up my department, but no one is in the office :frown:
Reply 36
camera obscura
So it wasn't the day of enrolment then? Does the same apply for postgrads? I've been ringing up my department, but no one is in the office :frown:

i dont know if its the same as post grads, but i started on tuesday, n they gave us our timetables on the wednesday, wer sort of had to sit in this lecture room with all the ppl on takin my course n they handed out the individual timetables.

Dont worry abt it, they prolly give it to u wen u actually start the course, some unis r different to how they do stuff, u will get urs, they cant expect u to know everything :p: :wink:
Reply 37
I have 10 lectures next week (14 hours in total), a few tutorials and two workshops.

Overall, i expected my timetable to be MUCH heavier. But hey... Who's complaining :biggrin:

Edit: Just had a thought -maybe its just light cos its the first week? :rolleyes: :eek: :frown:
Reply 38
I have minimum 18 hours per week and max 30 - varies weekly.

Its easier going than last year...
Reply 39
and people are saying I'd be mad to get a job with more than 10 hours a week if uni timetables are all that empty? :rolleyes: well, I'll wait and see what mine is like...

Latest

Trending

Trending