Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
As it stands at the moment I have:

Mondays: Off
Tuesdays: Lecture 11 - 12
Wednesday: Lectures 9 - 10, 12 - 1 and 2 - 3
Thursday: Lecture 2 - 3
Friday: Lecture 10 - 11

Thats grand at the moment but I have to have 6 seminars on top of the lectures which I wont know when until tomorrow. But I know I always get Mondays off so I'm happy :p:
Hmm...

Monday: 11-12, 2-3, 4-5 (all lectures)
Tuesday: 2-3, 3-4 (lectures) 4-5 (tutorial)
Wednesday: 9-11 (tutorial), 11-12 (lecture)
Thursday: 3-4 (practical), 4-5 (lecture)
Friday: OFF! :biggrin:

Not bad really. Since Thursdays are the big "student night out" here, Fridays off is the best thing ever! It took a bit of tactical timetable shuffling, but it was worth it.
Reply 62
Heres the basic times :smile:

9 - 5 every day(Not wed of course- well some weds)
9 - 6 some days
Pmc2k

9 - 6 some days

Ahh, a medic. *pities the medics*. Dentistry students get a pretty full on timetable too. There's a medic and two dentists in my flat in halls, they never seem to get any breaks. Plus they have to study all night. Rough, rough.
First year history/politics at SOAS:

Monday - 4 hours (9-10, 11-12, 13-15)
Tuesday - free
Wed - 2 hours (13-14, 14-15)
Thursday - free
Friday 1 hour (14-15)

Total = 8 hours (1 hour yet to be allocated a slot in timetable)
Pmc2k

9 - 6 some days

I have a friend doing medicine at UCL and he has to suffer those 40 hour a week timetables.
My timetable's pretty relaxed with only two 1-hour lectures and one tutorial for both english and media, communications and culture and another 2-hour practical for mcc, but then I have to four extra random modules to fill up my time.
I like the way many people say "I'm in every day" completely ignoring Saturday and Sunday.

Though noone has Sunday lectures in Cambridge, maths, sciences and computing all have Saturday lectures. It wasn't until my 3rd term in my 3rd year that I had no Saturday lectures!!

This term my timetable is :

Monday, Wednesday, Friday
10am General Relativity, 11am Symmetries in Particle Physics, 12noon Structure and Evolution of Stars
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
9am Quantum Field Theory, 11am Statistical Field Theory (not Saturday)

A 9am lecture on Saturday isn't particularly pleasant, but it gets me into the maths department, and means I'm more likely to spend Saturday working. I'm a post-grad maths student.
Reply 68
Oooo finally got my timetable...

Monday - 1-3, 4-7
Tuesday - 12-1
Wednesday - 10-12
Thursday - 9-12
Friday - Off

:smile:
I thought it would be interesting to post my time tables from some time agi, just to compare.
This is for my Primary education degree, second semester. In Germany, you are respoinsible for your own study plans and time tables. At least in the old system, you could just follow a suggested course of study and take as many/little courses as possible.

Monday
8-10 Maths: Arithmetics and Algebra Lecture
10-12 English: Introduction to Linguistics Lecture
12-13 Education Studies Lecture
13-14 Education Studies: History lecture
14-16 English: Cultural Studies (English Speaking Cultures of the world) seminar
16-18 English: Women and Madness (Literary Studies) seminar

Tuesday
12-14 German: Writing and learning how to write in primary schools seminar
14-16 Psychology: Developmental Psychology seminar

Wednesday
10-12 English: The didactics of teaching English lecture and colloquium
12-14 English: British Utopian Fiction seminar
16-18 English: Linguistics, Language Reception seminar

Thursday
8-9 Education Studies: Migration and education lecture
9-10 Education Studies: School pedagogy
14-15 English: Linguistics tutorial

Friday
8-10 Maths: Arithmetics and Algebra lab

------

In my semester abroad, at Middlesex University, my timetable was

Wednesday
9-12 Equality in Education

Friday
9-12 Spanish I

They messed up everything for me there and I didn't even finish my semester, but I was supposed to do Education Studies and English Literary Studies. Never happend. :/
Reply 70
i have 7 hours of lectures, 5 hours of workshops/tutorials/practicals

next semester i'll have the same number of hours but at different times and i'll finish my week at 12 on thursday :smile:

lou xxx
Reply 71
1st year politics, SOAS, Uni of London

5 hrs of lectures
4 hrs of tutorials

Tuesday free all day!!!
For comp sci, 8 hours of lectures, 4ish hours of seminars and 4 hours of labs a week, but it depends where during the semester; because for some reason it varies.

Wednesdays are free for most weeks too.
Reply 73
doing geography and urban planning at birmingham and my timetable is as such...

monday: 1300-1400
tuesday: 0900-1000 (optional), 1100-1200, 1300-1400, 1400-1500
wednesday: day off
thursday: 0900-1000, 1100-1200, 1400-1600
friday: 0900-1000

im well chuffed with it part from afta works on wednesday i have a 9am start and afta risa on monday i have a 9am start.. that one is optional tho so hehe!!
Reply 74
I have nine hours a week. I'm in every day but finish at 11am on wednesdays, and only have an hour on fridays. My latest finish is 3pm so that's good! And no 9am starts.
Reply 75
Medical Physics, UCL

19 hours of lectures and 1 hour tutorial every week. 1 hour gaps are all over the place, but at least I have two half-days.
Monday-9-1 then 3-4.
Tuesday-3-4.
Wednesday-day off.
Thursday-11-12 then 1-2.
Friday-1-3.
Reply 77
Around 12 hours of taught lectures/seminars/labs per week but I prefer to broaden my understanding by reading around the subject.

People undertaking a medical programme are on 9-5 Mon - Fri! :eek:
Reply 78
Second year of History and International relations (known more regularly as "bumming about")

5 hours till week 4. then goes up to 6 lol

1hr on monday
3hrs on tuesday
1hrs on wednesday
will be 1 hr on thursday come november

so yeah...thurs and fridays off. and then not a lot most days. but my course is reading heavy. 8 pages of books in size 10 font listed for my history of labour party module, advice "read as many as you can"
We've just had a timetable change..ruined my lovely thursdays :mad:
Instead of 9-1, its 9-1 with a 5pm lecture... hence I can't go out for the afternoon now :mad:

Latest

Trending

Trending