The Student Room Group

AS and A-Level foreign languages resources thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fayeelizabeth
How is everyone's teachers making you prepare for the A2 exam? I'm doing Spanish and mine have told us to basically write a monologue on the play and book with questions down the side so it all flows and we have to learn it, so obviously it isn't meant to be pre-learnt but they say we're meant to lead the conversation... just wondering how other schools are doing it :s-smilie:

Yeah we're doing pretty much the same thing but for French and I'm freaking out !! how are you learning it all? It's so so so much to learn :s-smilie:
Who else was the only student in their French/Spanish A Level class??
There's only 4 in our class but never just 1 of us hahah
Original post by Ameliecrevel

Good job, or oral practice could be tricky!

Yeah lol, I thought as much. These things would only happen to me 🙃
Original post by Reality Check
Good job, or oral practice could be tricky!

Yeah, it affected my future. I started uni and everyone else was fluent in French and Spanish and of course , they weren't the only student in their classes.
yeah it must've been a lot harder to debate and practice speaking!
yeah it must've been a lot harder to debate and practice speaking!

Yeah, it was a horrible experience-so lonely! 😣 x
Original post by R2497
Yeah, it was a horrible experience-so lonely! 😣 x

I'm on my own in both French and Spanish lessons, so yeah I'm nervous about uni and stuff cos I haven't had another person to interact with other than my teacher aha
Original post by xrachelbarber
I'm on my own in both French and Spanish lessons, so yeah I'm nervous about uni and stuff cos I haven't had another person to interact with other than my teacher aha

What are you hoping to do at uni?
Has everyone got their speaking exam coming up?
Original post by R2497
Who else was the only student in their French/Spanish A Level class??

The ONLy student? Crikey. In my German we only have 3 people but I expect that as German is almost extinct at A-Level, but wouldn't expect that of French or Spanish especially.
What are you hoping to do at uni?

Modern languages

Oh bless you honey. This was me 2 years ago and it's not a nice experience is it :frown: I felt extremely isolated and had no friends at sixth form. Sending you loads of luck Rachel!
Original post by R2497
Oh bless you honey. This was me 2 years ago and it's not a nice experience is it :frown: I felt extremely isolated and had no friends at sixth form. Sending you loads of luck Rachel!

Thank you so much! &I'm the same, I don't speak to anyone in my sixth form because i just drifted away from all my friends since they are all still in the same classes together, well mostly, and I'm not.

I have my french oral tomorrow, ugh!
Thank you so much! &I'm the same, I don't speak to anyone in my sixth form because i just drifted away from all my friends since they are all still in the same classes together, well mostly, and I'm not.

You're welcome ! :smile: That is literally what happened to me! Best of luck! Is it with your teacher or external examiner? Rachel x
Original post by R2497
You're welcome ! :smile: That is literally what happened to me! Best of luck! Is it with your teacher or external examiner? Rachel x

It's with my teacher :smile: x
It's with my teacher :smile: x

Ah so were mine :smile: what uni are you planning on going to? x
Original post by R2497
Ah so were mine :smile: what uni are you planning on going to? x

Aston Uni, hopefully x

Good luck on your french!! I have mine too😭

Quick Reply

Latest