The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is it really worth it over £35?
Reply 2
erm considering 35 pounds is probably a weeks worth of allowance at uni yeh i would say so. That mouse was over 100 pounds a year ago, and still is. So i feel very ripped off.
its not worth taking legal action over £35.

Get eBay to cancel the transaction due to a non-paying bidder.

Then either relist it or give a second chance offer to a lower bidder if you had one.

If it sold for £35 originally you are likely to get a similar amount again if it is relisted.
Reply 4
how can i relist it, he has the god dam parcel.
Why did you send it before they paid?
Reply 6
Wouldn't any legal action cost more than £35? If he has the parcel ebay can do nothing really. if anything you are in the wrong because you gave him the parcel on the assumption he would pay so really you just gave him a choice.
Reply 7
Because im sure i saw the money in the paypal account then i sent it. All of sudden he must a took the money back out.
Won't it cost more than £35 to do it though?
Reply 9
I even got the email from him saying 'congradualtion you have sold our mouse' etc etc etc. So i have his adress.
SO he chargedback?
Why don't you contact ebay with the shipping option and tell them what happened.
They can usually help you if you open a dispute.
Do you have shipping information?
If you sent it through trackable means and can prove that you sent it to him then a threat of legal action make may him respond.

If you cannot prove that he has received the mouse then there is very little that you can do.
Reply 12
i have kept all his email of the b******* he keeps spouting.
Reply 13
Yes i have his shipping information. How do i go about seeing if the parcel got there.
Reply 14
He couldn't have taken the money out of your paypal account......
Have you tried emailing him?
I would of thought even ten minutes of legal advice would cost more than £35
Reply 16
Yes, he emailed me the first time 2 weeks ago saying his paypal was playing up and that he would sort it as soon as possible... right
If you sent it through royal mail recorded then you can use the code given to you to see if they have accepted the parcel.

If you sent it through the standard service then you cannot easily prove they have collected it.
logic123
Because im sure i saw the money in the paypal account then i sent it. All of sudden he must a took the money back out.

I think what PayPal eBay sent you is his postal details, not a confirmation of payment.

e.g. "user01 has bought your item...these are his shipping details."
Look again, I don't think PayPal sent you a message saying "user01 has paid for your item."

Is this the first time you are selling on eBay? Because like others have said he can't take it out of you account!
Contact paypal.

Latest

Trending

Trending