The Student Room Group

University of law vs University of East London vs University of Hertfordshire

Hi, I have applied to all these universities for undergraduate in law but I can't decide which one to choose among these. Which one according to y'all is better for law?
Original post by hshaikh1
Hi, I have applied to all these universities for undergraduate in law but I can't decide which one to choose among these. Which one according to y'all is better for law?

Hello,
Congrats on submitting your applications - it's such an exciting time and we're so pleased you are considering Herts!
Hopefully, you'll have the chance to visit all of your choices in person if you haven't already - open days are a brilliant way to get a feel for a university and whether it's the place for you.
Our Hertfordshire Law School offers excellent courses, industry connections and an impressive full-scale replica Crown Court, meaning you'll enjoy a really immersive learning experience - we're one of the few providers of legal education in the country with such a facility. Do take a look at our Law School facilities if you haven't already. Our Hertfordshire Law Clinic provides pro-bono legal services to the community, giving you the chance to gain real work experience during your studies.
Our open day is this coming Saturday if you'd like to see the Law School and rest of the campus in action - you can book here.
We'd also encourage you to chat to current students via Unibuddy to ask any questions you might have and get a feel for the unis you're considering. There are lots of great student blogs on our Unibuddy platform, but here's one that will give you a flavour of life as a law student at Herts: Week in the life of a law student.
Hope this all helps with your research, but let us know if there's anything more we can help with.
We'd love to see you on Saturday or at our November open day if you can make it!
All the best,
Gaynor
UH Marketing Team
Original post by hshaikh1

Hi @hshaikh1!

Firstly, well done for making the huge step to consider coming to university and to choose to study law!
At the end of the day, all of these universities will likely provide you with a great legal education so the choice is definitely a personal one :smile:
I would recommend that attending an open day at each of these institutions as this really is the best way to get a feel for the university, the staff and the students. Also, I am unsure of the other institutions you are looking at, but the University of Law does several live webinars or in person workshops which you can attend to get a feel of what it is actually like to study at the university which are super helpful when making your decision about where to attend!
I chose to study at the University of Law for my law conversion because I had heard of their great reputation concerning small teaching sizes and employability support - I am happy to say these rumours were true :smile: In fact, I enjoyed studying my conversion with them so much that I have continued at ULaw to do my Bar Practice Course! All of the staff I have interacted with during my studies have been really helpful and supportive and many of the students that I have met along the way have become lifelong friends.
I would also recommend looking closely at the difference in courses that are on offer. Firstly, if you want to practice as a lawyer rather than as an academic then they need to be a qualifying law degree (an LLB). Also, have a look if there is a range in optional modules that you can take and whether those optional modules reflect your own interests. Trust me, there is nothing worse than studying a module you really do not enjoy!

I hope this helps and good luck :smile:

Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending