The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

wtfCharlie
1. I wasn't saying the black thing was a euphemism, it's just the wording some people use
2. I'm half black, so believe me there's no racist agenda lol
3. I don't know! I don't think you have to be under a certain weight to be curvy, I just think the word is overused in terms of people that are quite seriously overweight in the media

Using weight can be quite a flimsy method though. I weigh more than my boyfriend who is 6' (and admittedly a rake...but still), I am 5'4'' and by no means fat. Though I'm not what you'd call skinny either. I have big thighs and hips, a small defined waist and a large proportionate chest. The fat that I do have has been distributed in places where it is supposed to for women and yet I still have a fairly flat stomach.

People who are unable to bend forward and touch their toes because of the gut that is in their way cannot call themselves curvy. I did actually cringe at the ASOS website where the plus size fashion has been called 'Curves', then again I highly doubt they'd call it 'Rolls'.

Rant over. :o:
Reply 81
oui
Reply 82
Me personally would say that curvy is having a curve )( like that to your shape, instead of being || flat like an ironing board. You can be big or little and still have a curve and it can be attractive in all sizes, not necessarily unhealthy, especially if you have muscle tone. However, a lot of women seem to invert the curve to make ( ) and think they're sexy because of a big bust. Belly fat is the biggest sign of poor diet, high blood pressure, and high possibility of type 2 diabetes, heart disease and obesity!!!!
So don't say that a bigger girl is necessarily unhealthy because she's bigger, only if she has a belly and no muscle tone.
(I can say this from experience of getting from a 16 to an 8 - still have my curves and hour glass figure and at neither size have I been unhealthy, just less active). I actually got more attention at a 14 than I do now :frown:
SallySparrow66

People who are unable to bend forward and touch their toes because of the gut that is in their way cannot call themselves curvy.

i can do that i can even put my hands flat on the floor

whoo hoo im curvy

actually no im just fat
wtfCharlie
Agreed, maybe I should just move? LOL

Nope, send me a picture of you in a bikini or something less and I will decide. Obviously for scholarly purposes.

Latest