The Student Room Group

Am I the only one that wishes I was the opposite gender?

I hate being a woman because I hate the way female bodies look, I feel like large breasts and bum makes us look weird and "fat" (when we are healthy). Luckily I don't look like that though, I am different, but I still wish I was a boy so I wouldn't have so much body fat.

Scroll to see replies

Loads of guys have tons of fat and have bellies that are bigger than a pregnant woman's. Yes, biology plays a role but I still think diet and exercise trumps that.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Loads of guys have tons of fat and have bellies that are bigger than a pregnant woman's. Yes, biology plays a role but I still think diet and exercise trumps that.

I don't have much body fat or any body fat at all. I have anorexia but also a birth defect that makes me have a striking lack of subcutaneous fat so I actually don't know why I still wish I was a boy "so I wouldn't have much body fat". It's not like I am normal, but looking at other women makes me feel weird even though I don't have body fat.
Original post by Anonymous
I don't have much body fat or any body fat at all. I have anorexia but also a birth defect that makes me have a striking lack of subcutaneous fat so I actually don't know why I still wish I was a boy "so I wouldn't have much body fat". It's not like I am normal, but looking at other women makes me feel weird even though I don't have body fat.

Oh, you're the anorexic making lots of thread and stuff. Yeah, I don't get it either, if you're saying you have no body fat I'm not sure why you want to be a guy. Anyway, men tend to get really fat around the waist and belly.
Reply 4
Plenty of guys often have bulky appearing muscles with heavier bones due to their bone structure and internal fat distribution mechanism.
There are also plenty of guys with very unhealthy diets or sedentary lifestyles.
Reply 5
Well its certainly not a common feeling.

Am i right in my interpretation of what you said though and you want to be a man simply because of fat deposits? Wouldnt it be easier to lose weight/have it removed?
Reply 6
The only time I feel like this is when having a period.
Reply 7

Maybe it has something to do with your sexuality and gender...
Reply 8
Original post by Kathy89
Maybe it has something to do with your sexuality and gender...

No I am definitely heterosexual and I am female, I don't know what that's got to do with it though.

I do find girls prettier than boys but I still prefer boys. I also am more like a boy but I like some girly things like wearing heels, dresses, a bit of make up but not so much, less of jewellery but I like wearing it and there is no stigma when it comes to a woman's emotions.
Reply 9
Original post by Napp

Am i right in my interpretation of what you said though and you want to be a man simply because of fat deposits? Wouldnt it be easier to lose weight/have it removed?

There is no weight to lose, I am underweight.
Reply 10
Original post by Napp

I don't have a bum like that, I only have a bit of breasts.

I just don't like body fat.
Reply 11
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Oh, you're the anorexic making lots of thread and stuff. Yeah, I don't get it either, if you're saying you have no body fat I'm not sure why you want to be a guy. Anyway, men tend to get really fat around the waist and belly.

Maybe it's the fact that women are supposed to be looking like that which puts me off. I just hate that women are supposed to look like that.
Luckily I don't look like that though, I am different, but I still wish I was a boy so I wouldn't have so much body fat.

There is no weight to lose, I am underweight.

These two comments seem at odds. Seems more body image related than gender.
Original post by londonmyst
There are also plenty of guys with very unhealthy diets or sedentary lifestyles.

Hey I'm not sedentary!... I'm poised! :tongue:
Reply 14
Can't relate, being a woman is a lot of fun.
Our clothes are so much cuter. Our boobs can feed babies, we can give life. Our curves are not for nothing. Periods and hormones are a struggle can't lie, but it's beautiful at the same time. We are pretty amazing if you think about it.

Speaking for myself anyway.
(edited 10 months ago)
I hate being a woman because I hate the way female bodies look, I feel like large breasts and bum makes us look weird and "fat" (when we are healthy). Luckily I don't look like that though, I am different, but I still wish I was a boy so I wouldn't have so much body fat.

Have you ever thought that you may just have gender dysphoria (you don’t feel comfortable in your own body as female) and that you may be trans ? Cos I’m trans (Masculine female) here and I hate my breasts when they’re not binded and my bum too . I can squash my boobs to make them smaller but nothing I can do about my arse though .
Reply 16
Have you ever thought that you may just have gender dysphoria (you don’t feel comfortable in your own body as female) and that you may be trans ? Cos I’m trans (Masculine female) here and I hate my breasts when they’re not binded and my bum too . I can squash my boobs to make them smaller but nothing I can do about my arse though .

No I have anorexia and I actually like looking anorexic. I think all this is to do with my anorexia nervosa, I even told my eating disorder therapist that I don't want to eat because I don't want my breasts to develop and she looked at the therapist to indicate I need therapy. I have a bent spine and obviously won't like my body due to my birth defect because my body is bent but I look like a stick due to my birth defect but also anorexia. There's nothing I hate much about being a woman apart from being perved on if your boobs stick out and I have no bum and I like some jewellery not so much and some make up but not so much. Other than that I like it.
Reply 17

Oh and periods and giving birth, not that I will be able to give birth or even be pregnant because I don't even have strength to open a water bottle let alone have kids and push out a baby.
No I have anorexia and I actually like looking anorexic. I think all this is to do with my anorexia nervosa, I even told my eating disorder therapist that I don't want to eat because I don't want my breasts to develop and she looked at the therapist to indicate I need therapy. I have a bent spine and obviously won't like my body due to my birth defect because my body is bent but I look like a stick due to my birth defect but also anorexia. There's nothing I hate much about being a woman apart from being perved on if your boobs stick out and I have no bum and I like some jewellery not so much and some make up but not so much. Other than that I like it.

Ah ok your cis then definitely not trans or suffering from gender dysphoria as for the peroid thing I agree with you , the cramps are painful af the first few days being the absolute worst especially when the flow is heaviest . I can relate with the water bottle thing I struggle to open one at times which sucks when your trying to be masculine and yet you end up having to ask other males to help like a female anyway lol
You're just insecure of the way you look and you're just blowing it out of proportion. Learn to be confident and have self-love.

Being a women is hard but remember how much we have fought in the past, empowering women.

Also just because men dont have tits or bum doesnt mean life is perfect, every gender has their own struggles

I mean if you're trans thats a different story.

Take care
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest