The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial physics admissions test difficulty

Does anyone know roughly how hard the test is? I've seen the Aero/EEE mat and was wondering if the test would be a similar difficulty?

Thanks
It's actually harder. Especially the math part where it got rather creative - when I applied for 2022 entry that stuff was... rather hard.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by ActiveEccentric
It's actually harder. Especially the math part where it got rather creative - when I applied for 2022 entry that stuff was... rather hard.

Oh wow, thats the first I've heard of it - was there primarily maths or physics? and how did you prep for it if you don't mind?
Original post by Aflik
Oh wow, thats the first I've heard of it - was there primarily maths or physics? and how did you prep for it if you don't mind?

50/50. Those "preparation questions" are good for the easy parts and maybe the normal questions, but they're pretty much useless for the difficult questions

Part of the admission test in 2022 included a lot of regions with curvy lines and I had to show why some region was larger than another.

I didn't do that well on it - but if you ask me make sure your AS math and physics are rock solid. For physics do a lot of Isaac physics (although not that relevant), maybe BPhO? For math it seemed a little like UKMT

But then again it was almost two years ago so my memory could be hazy
(edited 3 months ago)
Are there similar admissions test out there to practise like NSAA?
Reply 5
50/50. Those "preparation questions" are good for the easy parts and maybe the normal questions, but they're pretty much useless for the difficult questions

Part of the admission test in 2022 included a lot of regions with curvy lines and I had to show why some region was larger than another.

I didn't do that well on it - but if you ask me make sure your AS math and physics are rock solid. For physics do a lot of Isaac physics (although not that relevant), maybe BPhO? For math it seemed a little like UKMT

But then again it was almost two years ago so my memory could be hazy

Thanks for the info, this is really helpful 🙂 Just one last thing if you can remember - was there any year 2 content on there was it all As??
Reply 6
Original post by QuantumYitian
Are there similar admissions test out there to practise like NSAA?

I heard PAT mulitple choice was also helpful, and the second section on the ENGAA (one paper 1)
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Aflik
Thanks for the info, this is really helpful 🙂 Just one last thing if you can remember - was there any year 2 content on there was it all As??

No, no year 2 content. As they said, AS math and physics is what's tested on. Imperial would not lie about it
Reply 8
No, no year 2 content. As they said, AS math and physics is what's tested on. Imperial would not lie about it

Alright thanks :smile:
Original post by Aflik
Alright thanks :smile:

No problem!

When in doubt do more problem solving. I guess that's how to do it
Reply 10
Was the test similat to the ENGAA?
If it’s online how do they make sure it’s you doing it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending