The Student Room Group
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck College
London

Birkbeck Chat and Q&A Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chez231
Haven’t sat my UKCAT yet , so still not submitted everything , hoping for at least one offer

I've also booked UKCAT just to get a better idea of where i am at with my preparation.
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck College
London
Reply 461
Original post by TheLyther
Somebody please tell me they go to birkbeck

Hi there! What course are you doing?
hi i am currently in year 13 and was considering birkbeck as a choice to apply to UCAS i am predicted an
A-psychology
A-biology
A*-philosophy i was wondering if it is good for psychology ( is anyone studying a bsc in psychology) as on what uni it is considered to be better than both Queen Mary and City
(edited 5 years ago)
I got accepted last year for the BSc. Computing 4-year part-time course, but I ended up deferring until October this year. However, I will be in the US from the end of September until the end of October, does this mean I'm unable to start this year?
Original post by ItsShane
I got accepted last year for the BSc. Computing 4-year part-time course, but I ended up deferring until October this year. However, I will be in the US from the end of September until the end of October, does this mean I'm unable to start this year?

Hi!

It's great to hear you got a place at Birkbeck! If you are away until the end of October I would suggest speaking to the admissions. You can submit your query on our website. Here is a link https://cis.bbk.ac.uk/apex/a02u/f?p=239:90:0::NO:90

all the best,

Anna
Hi all!

In the fees you pay at Birkbeck. Are there transportation costs within London included or you also have to pay for your metro tickets completely yourself?

Looking forward to an answer!

Best
Anyone who has completed the Msc Data science? I'm going for the aptitude test in a couple of weeks and it looks way too complicated for a conversion course. I'm trying hard to understand everything in the pDF they provide but I'm wondering what the pass mark is if any and what if you fail? Are you going to be rejected and have to resit for next year?
Not sure if its the same for Msc Comp Sci? - the comp sci test was very easy if you have basic programming skills and an understanding of python. As far as I'm aware you can only take the test once in a 12 month period.Go through the PDF and the question sets within it - provided you can complete all of those you should be fine.
Original post by Manuel12421
Hi all!

In the fees you pay at Birkbeck. Are there transportation costs within London included or you also have to pay for your metro tickets completely yourself?

Looking forward to an answer!

Best

You would have to pay for your transport - this varies depending on where you live (what zone) and how frequently you need to travel.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending