The Student Room Group

choices

Hi,

I'm planning to apply to read Law and let's say I want to apply to 3 unis which are in the top 13(on average). Should I go with two "back up" unis(I mean something around 20. position in the rankings, or should I risk it and apply to 4 decent ones and one slightly worse(I understand that let's say number 20 is not bad at all, but let's assume that my marks are compeling)

thanks
Reply 1
I think you should make better research into the best Law departments in the country first, and then decide. I'd recommend that you don't just look at the general league tables. Also, it's not to say that highest unis are the best for your time at uni.
But apart from that, it just depends how confident you are. If you think you'll get into a better one, and you think you'd definately get accepted into a lower one, just go for one. But if not, maybe its better going for two.
Reply 2
Well I did research them and had the opportunity to talk to people with some experience with a couple of pretty decent unis, so I have them pretty well narrowed down, but this is one question I hesitate with answering. (btw. I heard some conflicting views on Queen Mary,London, which was one I quite liked. Any ideas on this particular one?
thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending