The Student Room Group

Adding more uni choices after UCAS app is sent

I'm filling out my UCAS form and I'm a bit confused about this statement:

'You can add up to 5 choices to your application. You can change your choices until you send your application to us'.

So far, I have put in 3 uni choices that I am sure of currently. I want to send off my application to UCAS now, and after some time I want to put in my other 2 choices after my application has already been submitted to UCAS. Is it possible to independently add more choices whenever you want on ucas after your application has been submitted? If yes, how do I go about doing this?

I'm asking because the wording of the statement that I can only change my application up until it is sent off makes me question whether I can add more choices.

Also, if it is possible to add more choices after my application is sent off, do I just press 'mark complete' now for my three current choices and then pay?

Many thanks for any info.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 1
I just noticed that for some reason my post is under 'medical schools'. Strange, I thought I put it in the ucas forum-I dont even do med, could someone please move it to the ucas forum, I don't know how to. Thanks!
Original post by happygirl02
I just noticed that for some reason my post is under 'medical schools'. Strange, I thought I put it in the ucas forum-I dont even do med, could someone please move it to the ucas forum, I don't know how to. Thanks!

Your wish is my command :smile:

To answer your question: you can apply to three universities now and add an extra two after you submit your application. Note though that the equal considerations deadline is fast approaching (31st of January) and any options you add after that date won't necessarily be considered by universities.
Original post by happygirl02
I'm filling out my UCAS form and I'm a bit confused about this statement:

'You can add up to 5 choices to your application. You can change your choices until you send your application to us'.

So far, I have put in 3 uni choices that I am sure of currently. I want to send off my application to UCAS now, and after some time I want to put in my other 2 choices after my application has already been submitted to UCAS. Is it possible to independently add more choices whenever you want on ucas after your application has been submitted? If yes, how do I go about doing this?

I'm asking because the wording of the statement that I can only change my application up until it is sent off makes me question whether I can add more choices.

Also, if it is possible to add more choices after my application is sent off, do I just press 'mark complete' now for my three current choices and then pay?

Many thanks for any info.

To add choices after your application is submitted your application needs to be totally submitted to UCAS. That means everything marked complete, paid for and your references added (happens after paying if you are applying through a centre).

Then once your application is processed by UCAS you will get the option to add more choices on your UCAS Hub.
Reply 4
Original post by Scotland Yard
Your wish is my command :smile:

To answer your question: you can apply to three universities now and add an extra two after you submit your application. Note though that the equal considerations deadline is fast approaching (31st of January) and any options you add after that date won't necessarily be considered by universities.

Thank you so much! I will make sure to add all my options before the 31st.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
To add choices after your application is submitted your application needs to be totally submitted to UCAS. That means everything marked complete, paid for and your references added (happens after paying if you are applying through a centre).

Then once your application is processed by UCAS you will get the option to add more choices on your UCAS Hub.

Hi, thanks for you response.

Just clarifying- I am applying through school so as long as my school submits my application before 31st jan, I will be able to add any other choices ibdependently through ucas hub before the end of jan for equal consideration?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending