The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College no rejection mail

Today I received an email that my second choice (Physics MSc) is evaluated. My first choice is/ was Quantum Fields and Fundamental Forces. I thought that this would mean that my first choice is unsuccessful, however I did not receive a rejection email and my portal still says that the application is “with department”. What does this mean?
Original post by Justin9
Today I received an email that my second choice (Physics MSc) is evaluated. My first choice is/ was Quantum Fields and Fundamental Forces. I thought that this would mean that my first choice is unsuccessful, however I did not receive a rejection email and my portal still says that the application is “with department”. What does this mean?

Are these both at Imperial? Are they postgrad courses (1-2yrs) or integrated Masters (circa 4yrs)?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Yes both at imperial postgrad. The website says that the second choice will be looked at ONLY if the first choice is unsuccessful. But this is odd isn’t it
Original post by Justin9
Yes both at imperial postgrad. The website says that the second choice will be looked at ONLY if the first choice is unsuccessful. But this is odd isn’t it

Hard to say if their policy is to prioritise one app over the other. Could just be admin work in the background moving the app around. I wouldn’t read too much into it until you get an official update about the 1st one.
I had something like this for Computing Courses. Not sure why, maybe I was rejected from 1st pref and they are just waiting to send out rejection mails. Did you get something from them yet?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I had something like this for Computing Courses. Not sure why, maybe I was rejected from 1st pref and they are just waiting to send out rejection mails. Did you get something from them yet?

I am facing the same with the Computing Courses. My first choice is still "with department" whereas my second choice popped out of nowhere today and now says "application submitted". Do you maybe have an update on your application?
Original post by Anonymous #2
I am facing the same with the Computing Courses. My first choice is still "with department" whereas my second choice popped out of nowhere today and now says "application submitted". Do you maybe have an update on your application?
same!! also do you have an upload college ID photo on your application portal now. Im confused if everyone has this or not because i haven't been given an offer yet.
Same here! Got an email today saying that my secondary choice for MSc Artificial Intelligence is now being considered - first choice was from Imperial Computing AI/ML MSc. No rejection email and status saying "with department".

Either they have messed up the mailing for rejections (application portal is very buggy there is no debate about that) or the department has forwarded the application to its other courses. Keep in mind at Imperial each department has its own rules so they might have decided to move forward the application to the other courses to make a holistic decision.

Let me know if you have any updates :wink:
Got rejected this morning so they have just messed up the mailing system.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Anonymous #4
Same here! Got an email today saying that my secondary choice for MSc Artificial Intelligence is now being considered - first choice was from Imperial Computing AI/ML MSc. No rejection email and status saying "with department".
Either they have messed up the mailing for rejections (application portal is very buggy there is no debate about that) or the department has forwarded the application to its other courses. Keep in mind at Imperial each department has its own rules so they might have decided to move forward the application to the other courses to make a holistic decision.
Let me know if you have any updates :wink:

Yea, I got rejected for my first choice but my second choice still says "application submitted" and not "with department" :/
Yea, I got rejected for my first choice but my second choice still says

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending