The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Interview Chat Thread 2013 - PLEASE USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by sasc7
thank you :smile: luckily my friend's coming over with me because i'm coming over from Northern Ireland! Let me know how your interview goes :biggrin: are you thinking of firming manchester?

Heyy, my interview was great. I mean, I wasn't nervous at all and they basically went through my personal statement and asked me a few CS-related questions (not hard ones). And the classic "Why Manchester?", of course haha. It was really relaxed overall and I felt great chatting with the lecturers during lunch time.

I also got my offer: 80% overall with 80% in Maths. And I'm definitely firming it! :heart:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by franny07
Heyy, my interview was great. I mean, I wasn't nervous at all and they basically went through my personal statement and asked me a few CS-related questions (not hard ones). And the classic "Why Manchester?", of course haha. It was really relaxed overall and I felt great chatting with the lecturers during lunch time.

I also got my offer: 80% overall with 80% in Maths. And I'm definitely firming it! :heart:

That's great news!!! :smile: what's CS mean? lol! awk that's brilliant! Mines in two days and I'm SO unprepared I think I'm just going to have a mental breakdown on the spot hahaha! I'm just dreading the speaking German part in case they ask me something I've no idea about :'( haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 142
Original post by sasc7
That's great news!!! :smile: what's CS mean? lol! awk that's brilliant! Mines in two days and I'm SO unprepared I think I'm just going to have a mental breakdown on the spot hahaha! I'm just dreading the speaking German part in case they ask me something I've no idea about :'( haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

CS=Computer Science :tongue:
I know German! But I can't actually help you too much on your interview haha. It's gonna be okay, don't worry. As for the German speaking part, just listen carefully and if there is anything you don't understand, you can ask them to repeat the question or whatever that is. Asking is better than guessing at it wrong :rolleyes:

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 143
Hi,

I've just found out I have an itnerview for PGCE English at Manchester uni in April. I've not been given any information about what to prepare for the interview and the university's website doesn't offer much information, just that I will have an individual interview, will review a KS3 piece of work and will prepare a task with other candidates. I've seen a lot of people saying that the interview involves teaching Shakespeare but this isn't mentioned on Manchester's website? Just wondering if anybody could give some guidance about what I should expect in the interview as I'm a bit confused about what I will need to prepare beforehand.

Thanks
Hello I have my interview for adult nursing at Manchester Uni next Wednesday !!!! Just wondered if anybody could shed light on the group interview/written task ?

Thank you

Christy :smile:
Original post by franny07
CS=Computer Science :tongue:
I know German! But I can't actually help you too much on your interview haha. It's gonna be okay, don't worry. As for the German speaking part, just listen carefully and if there is anything you don't understand, you can ask them to repeat the question or whatever that is. Asking is better than guessing at it wrong :rolleyes:

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhh whoops hahaha! Hopefully it'll go as well as yours haha! sooo unprepared tho :frown: yeah that's very true! Thanks :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone have a chemistry interview tomorrow? :smile:
I have an interview for BA geography and on my email it said stuff about scholarships and whatnot, does that mean I'm special or anything or do they send that to everyone? Like I dunno

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending