The Student Room Group

PSP Fastloader

Hi, does anyone know if fastloader works on psps with 2.0 firmware? If not does it only work on 1.50 firmware?
Reply 1
fastloader is homebrew so no it dont work on 2.0

downgrade to 1.5
Reply 2
Choad
fastloader is homebrew so no it dont work on 2.0

downgrade to 1.5

Have you done this on yours? Once i have downgraded, how do i install fastloader? I heard that when you download fastloader it should contain a ISO and an ISOMISC folder that you need to drop into your psp directory. However my fastloader downloaded only contains the folders fastloader and fastloader%.
Is it ok just to create the ISO and ISOMISC folders in your psp yourself or did these folders contain some other files?
Thanks
Reply 3
yeah you can make the folders yourself. install by jes drag+dropping. piracy is very naughty! tut tut tut

mine is as follows

F:\ISO
F:\ISOMISC
F:\ISOSPLIT
F:\PSP\GAME\Fastloader
F:\PSP\GAME\Fastloader%

and apparently there is a small chance of bricking your psp with the downgrader, but i have heard no reports on any of the forums i look at of it bricking someones console :smile:

make sure you get the link from a reputable source (psp-news.dcemu.co.uk is where i go)
Reply 4
Make sure you know what you're doing before you do this! if you downgrade and the PSP bricks then you'll get no support from Sony. Oh and dont worry about it going weird on first bootup after downgrade, just reboot from there and it should be fine
Reply 5
I reckon Sony put that virus thing out to stop people downgrading the firmware.
Reply 6
Cortez
I reckon Sony put that virus thing out to stop people downgrading the firmware.

Wouldn't suprise me, but then again there are a lot of people out there that seem pretty angery at the amount of noobs on the scene so this could be their way of reducing them.
Reply 7
seriously, why are you asking such noob questions?

I mean, if you take your time to look around and read the read me, which is included with UMD Emulator 0.8 you'll realize that it's really easy and you really didn't need to post anything.
Reply 8
Sigh
seriously, why are you asking such noob questions?

I mean, if you take your time to look around and read the read me, which is included with UMD Emulator 0.8 you'll realize that it's really easy and you really didn't need to post anything.

I've only seen two of your posts so far, and in both of them you've just randomly had a go at what someone's saying...you're gonna be another of these people with a red gem by the time they reach 50 posts, aren't you?

The spirit of TSR tends in general to be friendly and helpful. A person won't ask a question to look stupid, so help them if you can. If you don't want to, then just stay out of the thread.
Reply 9
PSP v2.0 Eboot Loader has bn released but it is very limited and only exectutes small files, still some way from any real apps or games running on 2.0
but u can always just downgrade 2.0-1.5.... whats the worst , you dont like 1.5 so you upgrade back to 2.0 :rolleyes:
and there havnt bn any cases (i have looked quite alot ) online about anyones psp gettn bricked by the downgrdaer

apparently there are 2 outcomes it might work like a gem ( majority of cases) or not work but this just means yr psp crashes and you reboot back to normal, and even these cases eventually get resolved and the person successfully downgrades in the end !

Sumit
Reply 10
sumitk87
PSP v2.0 Eboot Loader has bn released but it is very limited and only exectutes small files, still some way from any real apps or games running on 2.0
but u can always just downgrade 2.0-1.5.... whats the worst , you dont like 1.5 so you upgrade back to 2.0 :rolleyes:
and there havnt bn any cases (i have looked quite alot ) online about anyones psp gettn bricked by the downgrdaer

apparently there are 2 outcomes it might work like a gem ( majority of cases) or not work but this just means yr psp crashes and you reboot back to normal, and even these cases eventually get resolved and the person successfully downgrades in the end !

Sumit
The worst is you could brick the PSP
Reply 11

I've only seen two of your posts so far, and in both of them you've just randomly had a go at what someone's saying...you're gonna be another of these people with a red gem by the time they reach 50 posts, aren't you?

how ironic (well almost)

his post count just happened to be 50 when i read that (no red blip tho)
Does anyone know if fastloader is for version 1.5 and/or 1.52

--------------

I had fastloder for 1.5 but i accidentally upgraded to 1.52 and now it doesn't work. Can someone help me
Reply 13
Upgrade from 1.52 to 2.0, and then downgrade back to 1.5.

PSPupdates will tell you how to do this.

Make sure you don't just get the network update direct from your PSP - I'm fairly sure that'll give you a version higher than 2.0 and you'll be scuppered.

Latest