The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i spend 0.

i'll only head down to the library if i have a crap load of work to do, otherwise i wouldn't be able to stay focused for a 6 or 7 hour block
(edited 13 years ago)
Very little - I work in the department or at home. I only really go into the library to get books out.
Last week it was 2 and 1/2 but usually it's 0! I prefer to work at home. The library is too distracting as there's so many people and it gets boring quickly. I only go there if the work situation is fairly dire!
I've been once so far, to print something out. Then I bought a printer.
10 hours probably. Increases in exam period.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
I went twice last week to print off lecture slides. Then i bought a printer and haven't been since.
Reply 7
Bubbles*de*Milo
10 hours probably. Increases in exam period.

:hahaha:
I love libraries.
One time i was there reading the whole book for like 3-4 hours. And i can go more than that.
I only like going to libraries to read some books that i dont want to buy and is too heavy to bring anywhere.
Not enough :sigh:
Reply 10
It's really pretty pointless to measure the amount of time you spend at the library, because that isn't necessarily an indication of productiveness (unless the library is the only place where you get any work done, but even then it's quite easy to spend six hours at the library and only have two hours' worth of work to show for it at the end, because your mind started drifting).
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
I agree.I will get bored soon in the library.
About 15-20 hours a week.
Reply 13
davidcy147
About 15-20 hours a week.

15-20 hours a week! :woo: Go you go to Oxford or Cambridge by any chance. That is too much time to spend in a library :h:. Do you go insted of lectures :rolleyes:. My uni library is like an oven so I would literally be cooked :p:
JAZZA007
15-20 hours a week! :woo: Go you go to Oxford or Cambridge by any chance. That is too much time to spend in a library :h:. Do you go insted of lectures :rolleyes:. My uni library is like an oven so I would literally be cooked :p:

No, I don't. (Check Sig.)

And it isn't too much time spent in the library, I'm a student, my job is to study by definition. Yes, I do go to lectures because I pay £3000+ for the teaching so I am not going to waste it.
Approximately one to two hours per week so far. This is likely to increase over exam/coursework period though.
(edited 13 years ago)
This year I haven't been spending any time in there at all as yet, but last year I would spend around 5 hours per day in there, as it was impossible in my halls to be able to do any kind of reading and essay writing!
Reply 17
Not very many. I largely just use the library to find books, do a bit of research etc. I rarely if ever actually work there. I always do it in my room where I can spent a large part of most days working, doing seminar preperation, reading etc.
Reply 18
I'm in the library everyday for hours...
Reply 19
dothestrand
I've been once so far, to print something out. Then I bought a printer.

haha, good idea! my uni library doesn't have staplers, they only provide paperclips, so it's just a hassle.

I go to the library daily, but I probably only spend 15 minutes to half an hour there, to check out books or use the computers. there's something about the stuffy, wooden book-filled environment that makes me not want to study. it smells like dust and nerdy sweat and formaldehyde.

Latest

Trending

Trending